does anyone sell a clamp for sucker rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone sell a clamp for sucker rod

I'm fixing to start on a 200' run of pipe fence. I have the posts concreted in and the top rail ran. I plan to use 4 runs of 3/4" sucker rod for the horizontals. Does someone make a fixture to secure the sucker rod on the 2 3/8" vertical pipes, so it stays level before welding?

Originally posted by thepigstye View Post
    I'm fixing to start on a 200' run of pipe fence. I have the posts concreted in and the top rail ran. I plan to use 4 runs of 3/4" sucker rod for the horizontals. Does someone make a fixture to secure the sucker rod on the 2 3/8" vertical pipes, so it stays level before welding?
    I made one that worked OK, using 2 cheap C-clamps welded together at right angles.

Comment

I would think it would be a simple thing to fabricate as it will be the same for each and every post... A clamp around post with a couple of angle iron sections to form a trough for sucker rod to lay in while tacking should not be two difficult....

In my mind ( a very confusing place) I see something like a "C" shape to go around post with a wing or trough extending out on each side for rod to lay in held in place with a chain clamp....

Dale

Last edited by Dale M.; 08-12-2020, 09:05 AM.
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

You could use a chain with an s hook on both ends, sling it over the top rail, adjust it where you need it to be level and weld it up. Should be a pretty cheap solution.

Comment

I'd use a couple of short pieces, cut and fishmouthed for the spacing you want, and a couple of short pipe clamps to hold it. That will keep the spacing uniform throughout. It would be easiest if you had a helper, at least to get everything positioned, depending on your span.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert View Post
            You could use a chain with an s hook on both ends, sling it over the top rail, adjust it where you need it to be level and weld it up. Should be a pretty cheap solution.
            I was going to recommend something similar, but you said it more eloquently .
            Last edited by usmcpop; 08-15-2020, 06:30 PM.
            --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
            -------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X