Okie Proving Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okie Proving Ground

Had to put some hay out this morning. K'kins always helps if she's off work.

So...……..it's a mixed bag here right now. It's either as hard as concrete...….

Click image for larger version  Name:	proving ground1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	248.8 KB ID:	708419Which tears up front wheels...….which led to the epic wheel rebuild (if ya bounce around the web, ya mighta seen it). We know the wheel is holding up fine against the continuing abuse. This stuff, if ya happen to run crosswise to the ruts, is like runnin' over large boulders.

Anyways...…..it's still muddy in places.....real muddy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	proving ground2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	259.7 KB ID:	708420
    Click image for larger version  Name:	proving ground3.JPG Views:	1 Size:	232.2 KB ID:	708421
    Click image for larger version  Name:	proving ground4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	228.0 KB ID:	708422

Tried backing out...….no soap. K'kins is standin' there looking at me like I'm a total idiot. "Why did ya go runnin' off in there????" Well, the alternative was running over some other semi muddy ground with shelves that the tractor has to climb over. I figured this way, which we've had to run most of the Winter, had maybe dried down enough to hold the weight.
    Last edited by farmersamm; 03-07-2020, 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

It's time to roll out the backup plan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	proving ground5.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	708425

Come outta there like crap outta goose.

Another epic project was the total rebuild on the drawbar system on the Oliver. Again, ya mighta seen it bouncin' around the web.

Passed it's first test I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	proving ground6.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	708426

Good deal of my rigging is made in USA...……...when you could still buy US made stuff. It's held up to mondo abuse over many years.

Was a busy morning, mostly due to me LOL.

Comment

Isn't that the same place you got stuck last year. Maybe you should find a easier way in or fill it with stone.

Comment

Yeah, it absolutely is LOL. It's a favorite of mine ROFLMAO.

It's been one of the wettest years on record here, and nothing ever dries up. The problem is the gate location...….Everything from the gate onwards, is a mess due to the heavy traffic from running the tractor over it constantly to feed. What I need to do, is to put another gate in further to the North, so I can bypass the muck when it gets bad.

Comment

Snapping an axle or blowing the clutch out will cost more money and down time then another gate.

Comment

Working...
          X