help tips tips design perimeter metal fence construction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help tips tips design perimeter metal fence construction

hello, I should make a metal fence, I would like to build a fence like a construction site, that is with corrugated galvanized sheets like barracks, so I should make holes in the ground plant the metal poles, pour the concrete and weld the crossbars to which to screw the panels themselves . asks how to proportion the various parts and what materials to use that distances, the measures are height 1, 80 cm that is
    corresponds to = 5 feet and 10.87 inches (10 + 7/8), and 13 meters long or 13m = 42ft 7.811024in, what can you suggest me thanks, I have to counteract the wind and the saltiness is near the sea thanks

Originally posted by marruggio View Post
    hello, I should make a metal fence, I would like to build a fence like a construction site, that is with corrugated galvanized sheets like barracks, so I should make holes in the ground plant the metal poles, pour the concrete and weld the crossbars to which to screw the panels themselves . asks how to proportion the various parts and what materials to use that distances, the measures are height 1, 80 cm that is
    corresponds to = 5 feet and 10.87 inches (10 + 7/8), and 13 meters long or 13m = 42ft 7.811024in, what can you suggest me thanks, I have to counteract the wind and the saltiness is near the sea thanks
    Are you looking for advice on what process or welder you should use,or, if not, what do you have?

Comment

I have a classic electrode welding machine, I would like to know how I have to conceive the frame on which to screw the sheet metal sheets. tubular boxed sections, how to make poles at what distance to plant them in the ground, the cross-section on which to screw the panels, if you could make me a sketch with measurements or some image to use as an example and inspiration thanks for the collaboration.

Comment

I have a classic electrode welding machine, I would like to know how I have to conceive the frame on which to screw the sheet metal sheets. tubular boxed sections, how to make poles at what distance to plant them in the ground, the cross-section on which to screw the panels, if you could make me a sketch with measurements or some image to use as an example and inspiration thanks for the collaboration.
        There is a pro in this field with the tag Gatemaker on this forum. You should PM him and he might advise you.

Comment

it is a real pleasure, I should make it in July or August, so I have all the time, I would like to create a light but robust and durable structure, maybe if you could provide me some photos or drawings with measurements it would be fantastic, thanks in advance to those who want to help me or give me suggestions and advice, I am a newbie I have so much to learn from the masters

Comment

some user friend could give me some suggestions to size the supporting structure, which profiles do you recommend? thank you

Comment

some user friend could give me some suggestions to size the supporting structure, which profiles do you recommend? thank you
              Lots of ideas here:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sheet...Zs2ERJDSjoa8M:

Comment

thanks for the right suggestions, one last thing then I don't bother anymore if I use a square boxed tube 50 x50 x 5 mm of thickness for the posts of the posts, I bury it in a hole 50 cm deep and we use the concrete, to them we hold of the crosspieces of 50x 30x 3 mm of parallel shims and we screw the sheet metal panels, could it hold? behind I put oblique buttresses to counter the gusts of wind?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	tubo-rettangolo-300x240.gif
Views:	28
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	705092
                Click image for larger version

Name:	XL8488_TUBOLARE-QUADRO-50x50x3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	705093Click image for larger version

Name:	recinzione 1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	705094
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the right suggestions, one last thing then I don't bother anymore if I use a square boxed tube 50 x50 x 5 mm of thickness for the posts of the posts, I bury it in a hole 50 cm deep and we use the concrete, to them we hold of the crosspieces of 50x 30x 3 mm of parallel shims and we screw the sheet metal panels, could it hold? behind I put oblique buttresses to counter the gusts of wind?
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	tubo-rettangolo-300x240.gif Views:	9 Size:	2.4 KB ID:	705092
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	XL8488_TUBOLARE-QUADRO-50x50x3.jpg Views:	9 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	705093Click image for larger version  Name:	recinzione 1.jpg Views:	8 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	705094
                  If you live in a windy area, and you intend to have the fence as a solid wind barrier, you need heavier posts and deeper holes. Check with your local building board to seewhat zone you are in. They can tell you what is standard for your area.

If there is none available, here is a site with calculators for finding the pressure for various wind speeds. I would suggest at least 3 feet of concrete and 4" x 4" x 1/4" tubing if winds are gusting to 100 mph, on a 48 sq. ft stretch. However, you should contact Gatemaker, as I suggested earlier.

https://m.wikihow.com/Calculate-Wind-Load
                  Last edited by Northweldor; 06-10-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

thank you for your precious suggestion, for the transoms what do you suggest? sorry if I am petulant and insist and take advantage of your patience and availability Click image for larger version

Name:	piantana.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	705127Click image for larger version

Name:	recinzione.jpg
Views:	16
ID:	705128

Comment

Those solid panels have a lot of wind resistance. The 50mm posts are not adequate for tall, solid corrugated steel panels. Wind is coming from both front and back. Your posts set into the ground in concrete should be adequate (basically, 2" posts) for small sections, such as next to a gate or wall but may bend in strong winds. If privacy is not as much of a concern for you then the picket style (in the above pictures) would be much more practical but probably take you longer to make. If high humidity or salt air is abundant in your area then your posts will rust off at the dirt line. That will be the weak spot and where the posts and solid panels will blow over from. Maybe look for heavy galvanized water pipe as an option for good posts.
                      Your "transoms", or cross pieces could be angle, punched tube, or square or rectangular tube. Much of this depends on how wide the panels are. Also called the span between posts. Put two blocks on the ground the same distance as your posts would be. Put one of your "transoms" across the two blocks and stand on it. If it doesn't bend much it is probably strong enough. 50mm x 50mm angle about 5mm should work. On a shorter span, even 4mm angle. I am guessing that angle is more readily available for you than heavy tube? If you want to use tube then 150mm tube would work, about 3mm. Water accumulating in a tube will rust it out from the inside. Keep that in mind...
                      Last edited by gatemaker; 06-16-2019, 08:17 PM.
                      fence and gate shop worker
                      At home...
                      Lincoln Power MIG 180....
                      Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

thank you for your precious suggestion, for the transoms what do you suggest? sorry if I am petulant and insist and take advantage of your patience and availability Click image for larger version

Name:	piantana.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	705127Click image for larger version

Name:	recinzione.jpg
Views:	16
ID:	705128
                        The post with the plate on the bottom is not designed for much side to side load. The anchor bolts will slowly crumble a little concrete and rock side to side.
                        fence and gate shop worker
                        At home...
                        Lincoln Power MIG 180....
                        Winco 6000 watt generator (13 hp Honda) "Big Jake"

Comment

Working...
                        X