Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Got A Diagram Of Homemade Bale Spear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Got A Diagram Of Homemade Bale Spear?

For the first time in my life I have a tractor newer than 59 , Massey 3617 brand new. It;s got the QD loader and we will be stacking round bales 400-500 lbs type in the barn as best we can . No more outside for many of them to feed the horses. Anyways I see the prevailing advice is as long as it's a quick detach bucket I am better off to get a bale spear rig to mount there and not in the bucket itself. Easy enough according to the pix of them and I have all the heavy tubing just kicking around . I'lll buy the spears and fab the rest . Ok so does anyone have a set of basic plans or diagram kicking around? I haven't found any on the net and would rather not have to engineer the thing if I can help it. The loader uses the regular skid steer qd type .

Originally posted by drizler View Post
    For the first time in my life I have a tractor newer than 59 , Massey 3617 brand new. It;s got the QD loader and we will be stacking round bales 400-500 lbs type in the barn as best we can . No more outside for many of them to feed the horses. Anyways I see the prevailing advice is as long as it's a quick detach bucket I am better off to get a bale spear rig to mount there and not in the bucket itself. Easy enough according to the pix of them and I have all the heavy tubing just kicking around . I'lll buy the spears and fab the rest . Ok so does anyone have a set of basic plans or diagram kicking around? I haven't found any on the net and would rather not have to engineer the thing if I can help it. The loader uses the regular skid steer qd type .
    Find one of you neighbors has one and either borrow it for a while or go take some pictures and some measurements. Or make a visit to your local Farm Store and do the same as above.
    Retired...
    Master Electrician
    Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
    Semi-pro/Hobby Welder
    Hobart Handler 140
    MakerGear M2 3D Printer

Comment

I made a copy of one with the QC a couple years ago for a guy...used square tubing and flatbar...look at Versatech, or dealers that sell on Ebay...lot of pics from all sides...

Comment

I Broke Weak and Bought One.

The dealer made me a good deal on a nice new one for $500 out the door into my truck. It seemed like a lot better than scraping together the steel and trying to make it work. I will have to fire up the welder though for winter. Rather than do the bucket float thing I prefer to take my extra 7' plow and hook up a SSQD mount for that. Hopefully I won't be doing any "winter recontouring" of the driveway if it's not fully frozen.

Comment

Working...
        X