Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks awesome !!

Comment

You could also just wait for Roy to get back online. Heck, I bet he could even deliver it to you, give you a couple toots on his horn when he gets there.
      *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

Originally posted by calweld View Post
        You could also just wait for Roy to get back online. Heck, I bet he could even deliver it to you, give you a couple toots on his horn when he gets there.
        Thanks Brother , sounds good !

Comment

Sierra dreaming

The flat car is for the creek crossing . Now picture this at 7000 Ft in the mountains - A built up train trestle in the snow, with a Caboose , smoke coming from the wood stove.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Thanks Brother , sounds good !
            So when are you gonna stop by and say hi?? I'm only two miles east of 99, and about 3/4 of a mile north of a main road going from I-5 to 99.
            *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

So when are you gonna stop by and say hi?? I'm only two miles east of 99, and about 3/4 of a mile north of a main road going from I-5 to 99.
              I'd like that . Bombed with work now . end of summer

Comment

Bridge, painted. I was told it was done, ran out there and looked, completely painted. At some point they will be laying down heavy, interlocking rubber mats, probably after they pave the road on both sides.
                Attached Files
                *** Disclaimer ***

Comment

Joe, what a boring bridge. How about this one, made by a girl. (Or at least designed by her.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bex simon bridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	665942

Last edited by usmcpop; 09-07-2014, 06:23 PM.
                  --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                  -------------------------

Comment

Nice, but not too practical for tractor loads!

Comment

Obviously designed by a female, that loopy accent in the middle
                      has that effect, of making one wonder if you are coming or going?
                      sigpicViceGrip
                      Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Actually, the siderails on this bridge were designed by a girl, also.

The engineering was done by me and another MAN, who understand that overloaded grape trucks have to go over, D-8 Cats might have to go over, grape harvesters have to go over, etc. etc. I think it will even take a D-9, not sure about a D-10.
                        Last edited by calweld; 09-08-2014, 04:09 PM.
                        *** Disclaimer ***

Comment

Actually, there is a reason why we don't make anything overhead on farm bridges. A few years ago, there was a grape harvester passing under a county bridge, low overhead trusses (13'6"), at night, one of the crew was sleeping on top of the deck. Didn't know where he was, he all of a sudden woke up and stood up, promptly got slammed in the head on a crossmember going 20 MPH. It wasn't a fatality (we do get a few of those), but I bet it hurt, and not just for a little while.
                          *** Disclaimer ***

Comment

Joe,if it won't fit a flat bed trailer I'm out of delivery options...and darned glad to be retired! I'll be hauling the large lathe and Bridgeport over later this week after our projected first snow of the season blows through. With that, the last of the large equipment will be moved.
                            Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Working...
                            X