• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull's Eye ! Felling !

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=624746597596917

Cool to see it done this well.
    sigpicViceGrip
    Negative people have a problem for every solution

How about a show of hands for those that think Phil is about ready to try his hand with his newly re-handled axe? Stay away from the cherry trees Phil!
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

About three years into our mariage my Dad'n law needed a huge soft maple down
      in his back yard. Mom'n law pretty much all ready figgered I was a good thing.

Dad was leaving the door open for a while yet. I limbed it without hitting
      the garage and the rest of the targets in the yard. But now I had the trunk
      to bring down and try to miss everything.

A big nub on the trunk from an earlier limb removal was going to put a
      considerable creater in the yard so I put a pallet there to help limmit
      the depth of the impact.

Dad'n law had an odd look on his face but didn't say anything.
      This was fresh territory for him. Well I got the pallet but it just had to
      be dug out of the hole now.

He walked over with a big grin on his face and said "Man I thought you were
      just clowning around or showing off! I figured about 50/50 there'd be'
      collateral damaged, just a matter of chance where it would be".
      sigpicViceGrip
      Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Ive seen that video a few times. The guy is good real good as everyone can see. Ive been cuting trees most of my life like a lot of folks on here but that would have made me nervous for sure.
        Fireman Bill

HH 210 MVP
        MM 211
        Spoolmate 100
        Lotas LTP5000D Plasma
        Oxy/Accet (Victor)
        Wards AC/DC buzz box
        30 ton old hyd press
        A few brand name tools
        A bunch of cheap tools
        A wife to worry me and
        4 dogs to supervise me

Comment

I has an old guy fell a huge pine tree in the yard. It had a big dog-leg in the main trunk about 3/4 of the way to the top. He dropped that thing through a gap in the split-rail fence. Then the dog-leg went approximately parallel to the fence, then the rest of the top went along a little path in the garden. Knocked one little branch off a shrub. Absolutely amazing.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

You won't see me trying anything like that. "A man's got to know his limitations."

-jim
            Dynasty 300DX
            MM350P
            Hobart Handler 120
            Smith LW7 , AW1A
            Smith He/Ar gas mixer

Comment

Working...
            X