Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearing Replacement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bearing Replacement

    Some more bearing replacements. Like so many times "Blue wrench" to the rescue.

    sigpic

  • #2
    a whole month since your last post?! whats going on with that?

    what is that thing ? some sort of ditch witch?

    Comment


    • #3
      Mike,
      That would be a stump grinder. We have come a long way since the ax and shovel, or even dynamite.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Dynamite would be more fun........

        I suspect that the axle bearings in the cutter head live in a less than hospitable enviroment and receive no maintenance.
        So little time...So many machine tools.........
        www.flipmeisters.com

        Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
        Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
        Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
        Harris OA
        Too many motorcycles.............-
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there room and fund$ for an "Upgrade" on the bearings?

          I have always wondered if those timing-belt hubs
          could be Ion-Nitrited..........to cut down on abrasive wear.
          The belts hold (become "charged") with grit and debriss
          and sand away the hubs.

          vg
          sigpicViceGrip
          Negative people have a problem for every solution

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by urch55 View Post
            Mike,
            That would be a stump grinder. We have come a long way since the ax and shovel, or even dynamite.
            I saw a stump-puller when I was just a lad.
            Rated at 8 tons of pulling force!!
            A kind of chain-hoist under a Schwartzneger tripod.

            vg
            sigpicViceGrip
            Negative people have a problem for every solution

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vicegrip View Post
              I saw a stump-puller when I was just a lad.
              Rated at 8 tons of pulling force!!
              A kind of chain-hoist under a Schwartzneger tripod.

              vg
              Reminds me of last winter. My blower was frozen to the ground and D.A. me, backed the tractor up, hooked up the 3 point and the PTO and lifted the tongs. I promptly bent the sub frame on the blower... I didn't move. Never underestimate the power of hydraulics.....

              This time of year I have to use a sledge hammer on my wood pile to keep the fire burning.......
              So little time...So many machine tools.........
              www.flipmeisters.com

              Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
              Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
              Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
              Harris OA
              Too many motorcycles.............-
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Pulling stumps out with my tri axle dump truck is alot of fun. Unless a chain gives out, then it can get ugly quick!
                HH210
                HH125ez
                Airforce400

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chevysant View Post
                  Pulling stumps out with my tri axle dump truck is alot of fun. Unless a chain gives out, then it can get ugly quick!
                  Chevy,
                  Chain or Mini Wheeler ? I think the chain is the weakest link.
                  Even tho a strap or wire rope can be dangerous if it snaps under a load, I think they take a bit more abuse before a failure takes place.
                  I have seen many pickups with a dented tail gate with a chain impression in it. Some even cover the chain, cable or strap with a sizable piece of carpet. But I must say I never have.
                  What city do you call home in the greater Tampa Bay area.??
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by urch55 View Post
                    Chevy,
                    Chain or Mini Wheeler ? I think the chain is the weakest link.
                    Even tho a strap or wire rope can be dangerous if it snaps under a load, I think they take a bit more abuse before a failure takes place.
                    I have seen many pickups with a dented tail gate with a chain impression in it. Some even cover the chain, cable or strap with a sizable piece of carpet. But I must say I never have.
                    What city do you call home in the greater Tampa Bay area.??
                    Urch, I agree that the chain is the weaker link between the two. I actually keep a very thick wire rope used by cranes for lifting under my dump body. While loaded I have pull started other loaded mini wheelers, Pulled out a semi loaded with a milling machine that got stuck in the mud. My point being that yes they do take some abuse. I live in Dover which is in between Valrico, Seffner, and Plant City. Gulfport is a beutiful area, I guess its about a hour from Dover. Are you from this area originally?
                    HH210
                    HH125ez
                    Airforce400

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by chevysant View Post
                      Urch, Are you from this area originally?
                      Yes Chevy, Lived here in Pinellas county all my life. Born in St. Pete. (Cracker).
                      A few of my customers lease to Jason, which I understand has a large fleet themselves.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Urch, Im leased on with World Haulers which is actually owned by Jasons Cousin. Many say its Jasons co. also and his cousin is a cover up. It doesnt matter, the important thing is that it feeds my family. I was born and raised in Dade County (Miami) and moved to the Tampa area in 1998. Love it over here and except for my family I dont even miss Miami. Anyway GOD BLESS my brother and well talk later cracker. Santiago

                        (the cracker part was a joke)
                        HH210
                        HH125ez
                        Airforce400

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X