Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hole 4 3/4" at widest point 15" long

Roofing a dissaster:
    All covered with expanded metal untill tomorrow.
    No sounds yet today BUT

It ain't DARK Yet

Phil

No sign of Herald today?
    must be spending Christmas with one of his familys
    sigpicViceGrip
    Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Phil, did you really name this creature of the dark that lives in your attic?
      You do know that you will have to feed it now, I hear they like Decon
      Jim
      Millermatic 200
      Hobart Handler 120
      Black & Decker 14" chopsaw
      Dewalt 14" chopsaw
      And a serious big old Wells bandsaw
      F-550 pick-up

Comment

You just need to use it's natural predators to get it out.

First, shove a cat up there. Then to get the cat out, shove in a dog. When you need to get the dog out, cram in a dogcatcher. When it's time to get him out, shove in a tax collector.......

Then to get out the taxman, shove in a politician. I know, I know, you just put in another form of 'vermin'.....but wait! To get the politician out, talk loudly about how it's time for voting season and he'll come out quicker than lightning and bestow on you the virtue of his candidacy for re-election.

...the real trick is getting him to shut up and leave your living room.....

Post some shots of what form of beast you wrangle out of there for us!
        I NEED MORE COWBELL!!!

'Red' Powcon 300ST (no torch yet)
        (ok, not really a 'Red'... )
        'Blue' Miller 35 (older than me and runs great), Thunderbolt AC arc (ditto)
        'Craftsman' AC arc (who made this originally?)
        O/A x 2 (both smaller than I'd like)
        14" Milwaukee chopper
        20t HF press (crap, but works)
        Buffalo forge w/ blower
        Alot of pumps!

"All of us know more than any of us."- TexHand

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Jimi View Post
          Phil, did you really name this creature of the dark that lives in your attic? NO Herald is the
          semi wild ally-cat that thinks I rent this house from him (pictured above)
          You do know that you will have to feed it now, I hear they like Decon
          Jim
          Originally posted by Some Creep View Post
          You just need to use it's natural predators to get it out.

First, shove a cat up there. ..................but wait! To get the politician out, talk loudly about how it's time for voting season and he'll come out quicker than lightning and bestow on you the virtue of his candidacy for re-election.

...the real trick is getting him to shut up and leave your living room.....

Post some shots of what form of beast you wrangle out of there for us!
          Sounds like the old Muppets " I know an old Lady that ......"
          Ka BooM !
          sigpicViceGrip

Comment

get a spot light, a good BB or pellet gun, sit out and wait at the hole for him to come out. When you see him shine and shoot. If this doesn't work, go up (if you can) with layers of clothing... Carhartt coat and bibs or welding coat with a spot light and a gun and beater. When you see him shoot him and beat him. This should work, I hunt raccoons and have shot probably 75-80 this year. (since November) Also if you don't want to do this try to find one way exits for varmints and pests ad put it on the hole. Basically chicken wire. The coon goes out and pushes it open, but on the attempt to reenter it wont open. Problem solved. until he gets a new hole. Thats why id shoot him.

Comment

Check out this guys website and photogallery. He has a few animal removal tips

http://www.247wildlife.com/deadanimalremoval.htm

Comment

Hey, Phil!

We had those 3 young coons come in the cat door earlier this summer. Tan threw them out using his welding gloves. Nasty little critters, all hissy and stuff. One kept coming back, so one night Tan snuck up on him and popped him in the butt with an airsoft pellet gun several times, and we haven't seen him since.
                --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
                -------------------------

Comment

When you saw it on the roof was it watching you like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hingyou7he.gif

Jk.

Yep a shot with a high velocity pellet rifle in the head will fix that. I used to have one that goes through 3 coke cans.

556man

Comment

Just wait till you have a SKUNK get under your house. Adds a whole meaning to aroma therapy.
                    Trailblazer 302
                    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
                    Lincoln SP 130 T
                    Smith torch

Comment

I agree with the high velocity pellets, like those new ones from gamo, adds another 200fps to any air gun. Works great on the piegons and squirrels around here, problem is the rats. Dang "super rats" we have, anything smaller then a .45 just pisses them off!

Jax
                      Lincoln 3200 (175?)

Comment

Well ............Da !

By the time I was done limbing the big box-elder and two trees to the north.
                        Every squirrel in the neihborhood was screaming at me from the phone-poles.

Ane after crashing around on the roof pulling up rotted wood , and rolled roofing........My son said ......just cover the holes for tonight....
                        maybe they are all on the outside.

Repaired all the day thursday.

Two nights not a peep or a scratch!!!!!!!!!!!

Note:
                        Been in the tree-tops since age 5.
                        Even the steel suspension towers at ?? 15 maybe.

Went up (in the trees) with an emty belly the other day and had a wave of
                        "high angziety"......

First ever in my humble life.
                        Big bowl of spanish rice, and corn-bread ....
                        Ok after that ????

Phil
                        Last edited by vicegrip; 12-31-2007, 05:22 PM.
                        sigpicViceGrip

Comment

Alright...
                          about a year ago while at work, I received a phrantic phone call from my wife. She was talking so fast I could hardly understand her. Finally, I got her to slow down enough to tell me that a suirrel had looked at her in the closet where our furnace was. It is a direct link to my attic. Meanwhile, my daughter calls (who is upstairs) and once again, I can hardly understand what she is saying(she is a teenager, so this is not unusual). She tells me she hears something in the attic.
                          Anyways....
                          Mothballs.... I am told they work on all animals (including snakes).. They worked well for my case... I just stood out by the side of the house and waited until they poked their heads out and popped them with a pellet gun. After I got the squirrels out, I placed a section of chicken wire over the hole they were entering..
                          Good luck!

Comment

Down in Florida, I had something rather large take up residence under my storage shed. I covered the vent-ways with expanded metal grating, but it dug under the gravel. I filled in the gravel holes several times, it kept going in. I sprayed noxious smelling stuff around the entry, including gasoline--kept coming back.
                            I went out there late one night and wizzed all around the entry way. The critter figured I was the bigger of the animals, just marked my territory, and never came back.

Here in GA, I heard something banging around in the recyc bin out in the garage late one night. Opened the garage door, and there's the cat sitting on a chair looking up at me as if to say "What the **** are you going to do about THAT?! I don't know what it is, but I'm not moving, because it might see me!" It was a possum. I opened the garage door fully (we leave it open a few inches so the cats can get in if they need to), and thought my mere presence would make the ugly thing walk out (the bin is right at the garage door). No dice.
                            Went in and got Boy Wonder's Crossman air rifle, pumped it 10x, put a pellet in, and tried to shoo it out using the end of the barrel as a stick. Instead, the thing walked past the open garage door and went back behind the air compressor I have in the corner of the garage. I again tried shooing it out with the barrel of the gun, when it decided it not only wasn't going to leave, but it was going to start attacking the barrel of the BBgun. It was a short lesson for the varmint, but an effective one. One pellet shot right behind the ear, with a second follow-up between the eyes ensured no more 'possums in the garage.
                            Followed by another lesson that really didn't surprise me: the tree line behind the shop was to be avoided for a few days later that week, and you can hear flies from a surprising distance away if their numbers are great enough.

-Brad
                            (ps: for anyone who follows my first example, you may have a hard time explaining to the police why the neighbors called about a man peeing off his roof.)
                            Brad O

'62 Suburban daily driver
                            57 Chevy 150 2-dr station wagon gasser drag car
                            56 Chevy 150 2dr Sedan
                            54 Buick Special
                            '73 Duster project

Comment

The power of WeWe...eh

Good Idea.

I trimmed all branches away from the roof, after making repairs.

Herald went 6 rounds with the coon.
                              He hasn't returned.

If I ever find Herald on a chair, I'm going back in for the Mossberg.

vg
                              sigpicViceGrip

Comment

Mothballs work quite nice for this just put them in lady's stockings or a net of some sort with a bit of string or fishing line so you can get the moth ***** out when the job is done. I know for a fact it works on bats and racoons. How this helps it'll only take a night for them to leave.
                                Esab Multimaster 260 Sweet machine!
                                Thermal Arc Arc Master, Don't use it much just got a heck of a deal on this unit
                                Don't talk about it, be about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X