Front tow hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front tow hooks

I have a 08' colorado I just noticed has no front tow hooks.I found the spot they bolt to the frame.Should I price the dealer or is there a cheaper place with maybe better ones on line.
    Pro-level dumpster diver/Shop full of the finest foreign tools Hobart 125 EZ

I would ask your dealership if installing after market hooks would have any effect on your suspension warranty. Do you know if your suspension is up to specifications for towing from the front end, that may be why they are not there to begin with? Aside from that I would expect aftermarket to be almost identical.

Comment

Uncrichie,I checked the dealer and the colorado and canyon take the same ones 04 thru 09.So I will check the bone yards because the dealer wants 100 for the pair I couldn't find oem ones on line but plenty other styles.I want to find the oem type because they will bolt right up and be hidden.

Comment

Check places that install snowplows and other truck accessories, sometimes the hooks have to be removed for other things to be mounted. They may have some take-offs that are available.

Comment

Yikes, $100. Wow, yes by all means check the bone yards.

Comment

I went to my local school bus supply store and bought a couple for a schoolbus Very heavy duty. just a thought?
            HH140

Comment

Originally posted by fastsled View Post
              I went to my local school bus supply store and bought a couple for a schoolbus Very heavy duty. just a thought?
              And to think in nearly fifty years on this crazy planet, I've never seen a schoolbus supply store! lol. Guess I never thought about such a thing existing!
              Trailblazer 302 * Millermatic 212 * Syncrowave 180SD * X-Treme 12VS Feeder * Spoolmate 3035
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma * Lincoln 175 MIG

Victor Superrange II * Victor Journeyman

Hobart HH 125EZ

Comment

Originally posted by Zrexxer View Post
                And to think in nearly fifty years on this crazy planet, I've never seen a schoolbus supply store! lol. Guess I never thought about such a thing existing!
                "Yellow" Pages????
                "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

How else can you **** out your bus without a store.

Comment

Wow I didn't know that was a bad word LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X