offroad rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveD View Post
    You can go to www.pirate4x4.com and find out more than you ever wanted to know about offroading just about any vehicle or custom make your own. Check out the forum areas. They also have great in depth tech articles.

Just be aware that those guys will eat you alive if you don't search or if you ask dumb questions. It is not a place for the 'faint of heart'.
    Ain't that the truth. Stay in the newbie forum until you get the feel of the place.

My Scout.

Was stock when I started, 152 4 cylinder, t-90 3 speed, d20 transfer case and d27 axles. Added power steering, power brakes, swapped in Scout II axles (d44) geared down low and went SOA. Wheeled once in Attica and tore it back down in my garage. Getting a TPI 305, 700r4, np241, d60 front eaton rear, and linked both ends.

Comment

here is my xj not as nice as some one here but i like it. its got a winch a dana 44 rear 5.5 or so inches of lift and 33's
      Last edited by a1racer; 05-30-2009, 08:49 PM.
      just a begginer

Comment

if any jeep guys want a good tread check this one out. click click
        just a begginer

Comment

Originally posted by a1racer View Post
          if any jeep guys want a good tread check this one out. click click
          That's a link to the main forum, not a specific thread. I'm not a jeep guy, but I'd like to see your rig.
          Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Originally posted by jesus_man View Post
            That's a link to the main forum, not a specific thread. I'm not a jeep guy, but I'd like to see your rig.
            it just above the link post the white jeep that was just a link for any body interested in jeeps
            just a begginer

Comment

Oh, my bad. Great start then!

J.D.
              Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Just some eye candy for jesus_man.

Man is a tool weilding animal

Comment

Originally posted by Goat View Post
                  Just some eye candy for jesus_man.

No, that isn't a...why yes it is a 4BT, in an XJ? Is that the current state? Got a build thread?

J.D.
                  Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Yes, XJ. Currently, in the process of building motor mounts. I'll put together a build thread when I have made more progress.

To the OP:
                    Why do you want to build a 4-link? It seems that most of the wheeling you do is Mud and for that there is little benefit to a 4-link. Just curious...
                    Man is a tool weilding animal

Comment

Originally posted by jesus_man View Post
                      No, that isn't a...why yes it is a 4BT, in an XJ? Is that the current state? Got a build thread?

J.D.
                      i want to see more pics when you get farther along and looks like you are having fun with it
                      just a begginer

Comment

Originally posted by Goat View Post
                        Yes, XJ. Currently, in the process of building motor mounts. I'll put together a build thread when I have made more progress.

To the OP:
                        Why do you want to build a 4-link? It seems that most of the wheeling you do is Mud and for that there is little benefit to a 4-link. Just curious...
                        4 links are the current fad. Although, some of the mud videos I have seen there are a few nice jumps, and links can be set up to soak the rough stuff nicely.

Comment

well its sad but with everything being slow and my funding being low, the blazers been parted out.. all thats left is the lift, tranny, and t-case. on the brighter side though, i can save up for a couple years and start a new project with my son that will be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
                            About as close as I get to rock crawling

Thats stone crawling.

Comment

My Jeep

Then

Now

Comment

Wow, what's the plans for the TJ?
                                Hobart Handler 140

Comment