No announcement yet.

offroad rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err, yeah, the WJ looks too nice, that's the problem; it needs a few dents and scratches .

Placed an order for a front JK Rubi D44, built in e-locker 4.10s, but I found yesterday their backordered ; if I get it, then I'll order the rear as well to replace my existing D44 alum. Will see, but long arms are going in next 2-3 weeks.
    David.

HH210.
    C-25.
    4.5" Grinder .

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of changes to your rig! the long arm will be awesome and the front being stronger and locked will be really nice! I know how it feels to have something on backorder. I waited 6 months for my Atlas. Update the thread as you get more stuff done! Not a lot of WJ's out there, but I have wheeled with one:

J.D.
      Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Originally posted by jesus_man View Post
        Wow, that's a lot of changes to your rig! the long arm will be awesome and the front being stronger and locked will be really nice! I know how it feels to have something on backorder. I waited 6 months for my Atlas. Update the thread as you get more stuff done! Not a lot of WJ's out there, but I have wheeled with one

J.D.
        Is that Ryan's rig? (Arlo). I have an aussie locker in the rear right now, works pretty well, but I want to run 35s, so the plan is JK swap and a 4:1 Atlas.

I'm a pic ***** , so here's another one at Devil's den back when it was legal to wheel there.

David.

HH210.
        C-25.
        4.5" Grinder .

Comment

No, that rig was a guy in CO where I used to live. never did get to wheel the den. It was under the microscope when I moved here.

I have 4 trips on my Atlas 4spd and I am lovin' it!

J.D.
          Hobart Handler 140

Comment

theres a couple more. the one where the blazer is stuck was a huge hole i went through but i had no front drive shaft on at the time. i almost made it but once i started heading up out of the hole that was where it all ended. then of course when i went to startit again after the garbage battery just wouldnt do it.

Comment

That's a Big Blazer. You can have the mud - yuck. Bad things happen everytime I dive in, so I stay away! And Rocks are SO much easier on components

J.D.
              Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Here is a shot of my Cherokee - it has been a LOT of fun, and it gets me anywhere I need to go. I have a locker in front, Posi in the rear, 33" Mud Kings, a 12k pound winch, rock rails, etc.

Millermatic 135 110v .030 Flux-Core Wire

Have a Jeep Cherokee? Click Here!

Comment

Here's mine.

Work in progress 1966 Jeep Gladiator

One's that running 1979 Jeep J10
                  1966 Jeep Gladiator Project Truck

Comment

You can go to www.pirate4x4.com and find out more than you ever wanted to know about offroading just about any vehicle or custom make your own. Check out the forum areas. They also have great in depth tech articles.

Just be aware that those guys will eat you alive if you don't search or if you ask dumb questions. It is not a place for the 'faint of heart'.

Comment

Here is my hunting wagon
                      1986 Chevy Blazer.
                      6" Pro Comp Lift Kit.
                      4.88 Front and Rear Diffs.
                      Stock Limited Slip Rear Diff.
                      Sears Locker Front Diff.
                      39.5 X 16 X 15 Super Swamper TSL.
                      Krylon Super Camo Paint Job.
                      Super Heavy Duty Front and Rear Bumper (courtesy of the scrap metal yard).
                      Horns, Rear L.E.D Tail Lights, and Fender Flares Courtesy of S.W.Truck Supply And Truck Pro.
                      Last edited by dearhuntn; 02-08-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

right on i like the older chevs..

Comment

Originally posted by chuckchili View Post
                          Here's mine.

Work in progress 1966 Jeep Gladiator

That's going to be a nice looking Gladiator. I've got a 68 in the very earliest stages of a rebuild.

My other J-truck. It's waiting for me to drop in the Cummins, and my latest toy, a '68 Unimog. Can't wait to start playing with it.

Miller Dimension 652 w/D-64 feeder
                          Miller 135, 252, Bobcat 225
                          Miller Syncrowave 250
                          Central Machinery 7x12
                          Thermal Dynamics TrueCut 82
                          ParkerMP 40amp DV
                          Homebuilt CNC router

Comment

4BT or 6 in the J-truck? It would be awesome either way. What are your plans for the mog? Cool rigs for sure.

J.D.
                            Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Originally posted by jesus_man View Post
                              4BT or 6 in the J-truck? It would be awesome either way. What are your plans for the mog? Cool rigs for sure.

J.D.

4bt. From what I've read there are too many space issues when trying to squeeze in the extra 2 cylinders. The 4 will be plenty of motor for the truck.

The mog is just a toy. Always wanted one and I figure I'll fix up the box into a little camper box and maybe see if I can get it to pull double duty hauling my 4-whlr.
                              Miller Dimension 652 w/D-64 feeder
                              Miller 135, 252, Bobcat 225
                              Miller Syncrowave 250
                              Central Machinery 7x12
                              Thermal Dynamics TrueCut 82
                              ParkerMP 40amp DV
                              Homebuilt CNC router

Comment

Start a thread here when you're swapping in the 4BT! I had a friend put one in his EB and it was awesome!!

Mogs are cool! Let me know if you decide you don't need the axles

J.D.
                                Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Working...
                                X