Aluminum Sculpture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Sculpture

This is a 9 foot tall cast aluminum statue I welded together for a local artist. It was cast in 24 pieces of 319 Al. I cant say enough about my Hobart 187. I swapped out the liner to a Teflon one and away I went. After several unsuccessful attempts with 4043, I finally used 5356 .035 wire with no problems. Don't let anyone ever say these welders arnt commercial grade. I originally chose to use this over my much larger Miller due to the ease of swapping the liner. My Hobart never broke a sweat.

RG
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Rottguinness View Post
    This is a 9 foot tall cast aluminum statue I welded together for a local artist. It was cast in 24 pieces of 319 Al. I cant say enough about my Hobart 187. I swapped out the liner to a Teflon one and away I went. After several unsuccessful attempts with 4043, I finally used 5356 .035 wire with no problems. Don't let anyone ever say these welders arnt commercial grade. I originally chose to use this over my much larger Miller due to the ease of swapping the liner. My Hobart never broke a sweat.

RG
    Impressive! And, in the second pic, you have taught the fireman to mig weld!

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post
      Impressive! And, in the second pic, you have taught the fireman to mig weld!
      These machines make anyone a welder.
      Blacksmith
      Stickmate LX AC/DC
      Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
      Hand cranked coal forge
      Freon bottle propane forge
      HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Working...
      X