• Show
Clear All

• Potting bench

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plant stand w: powder coat.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	667952

This bench is 7' x 18" and 26" tall approximately. The scrolls were done by hand from 1/2" x 3/16" flat bar. The frame is 1" tubing. I had it powder coated for durability. This was really fun to make!

Looks like it should be more than up for the work!
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Well done, Mary! Lots of good experience on keeping things plumb and squared-up, I bet.
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

It's incredibal what the eye finds important, when not missled by the intellect.
        I opened your pic, saw the marks of good exicution, and closed the pic.

I would have hung a blue ribbon on the scroll work.
        I then read your post more carefully.
        ======"The scrolls were done by hand".=======

What ? I thought, and re-opened the pic.
        I can now see the uniqueness of many of the curves in the scrolls.
        And .... I'd still hang a blue ribbon on them!

Phooey with the intellect.
        sigpicViceGrip
        Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Nice job!
          Frank

Comment

vicegrip, you have a better eye than I do. Went back and looked, the scrollwork was definitely handmade. Not a criticism, this actually adds "character" to the job.

To the original poster: post up more, you have nothing to be ashamed of.
            *** Disclaimer ***

As I have no wish to toy with anybody's life, I suggest you take this and all other posts with a certain amount of skepticism. Carefully evaluate, and if necessary, research on your own any suggestions or advice you might pick up here, especially those from my posts, as I obviously haven't the skill and experience exhibited by some of the more illustrious and more successful members of this forum. I'm not responsible for anything I say, as I drank toxic water when young.

Comment

It looks great and well made. Like the design, very nice scrolls. Great work!

Comment

Thanks! Being new to forums, if I wanted to post a pic or two of a trellis, should I start a new thread or just add them here?:

Comment

Mary, I use Photobucket or Tiny Pics. Both are free programs that you load your pictures into (I set my camera to 640x480, so I don't have to re-size any pics. Same resolution setting if I edit the pix).
                  Then you simply select one of your edited (cropped, etc.) pix, and drop the data string into the "forums" choice, right click and "copy" the highlighted data string.. Then, when you entering your text in the forum, you just right click and "paste" a where you want the picture to appear...(it won't at the time, but will when the reply is posted. (Look at the number of entries I have (upper right), and you will see I've done a few of these!)
                  "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
                    (Look at the number of entries I have (upper right), and you will see I've done a few of these!)
                    Foot, just being an old country boy I may have things backwards, but I'm guessing it's been a tad too long since you lasted posted some pics to drool over.
                    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

I wish I had saved the pic Foot did, when he turned that P&H welder into a Picaso!

I was blown away, but I can't find anywhere that I saved it!
                      sigpicViceGrip
                      Negative people have a problem for every solution

Comment

Nice work on the scroll work Mary,
                        Jim
                        Jim Young
                        www.jimyo.com

Comment

Originally posted by mary m View Post
                          [ATTACH]36355[/ATTACH]

this bench is 7' x 18" and 26" tall approximately. The scrolls were done by hand from 1/2" x 3/16" flat bar. The frame is 1" tubing. I had it powder coated for durability. This was really fun to make!
                          very nice!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X