Bulldozer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldozer

Here is a little bulldozer I did for my son's birthday. I wanted something he could play with and had some moving parts, but was still simple. It is painted Cat yellow, might be 7 or 8 inches long.

mnt

Cool little dozer, m. Reminds me of the piper cub I built out of stainless for my 3 year old son...it was really cool...I spent hours and hours making it....he crawled under the house and lost it under there...I only realized that after we moved, from that house.

Comment

bummer

Doh! that is rough. Maybe worth a mission to go back to the house, offer the new owners a case of beer or a gift card or something.

It's fun to make toys for the little ones.
      mnt

Comment

I agree that little dozer is pretty cool. But exercise caution, in the eyes of a kid.......that looks like a toy wanting to be driven on a fancy hard wood floor of really nice coffee table.

Vroom Vroom..... look dad I'm diggin up pretend dirt.

Goodness that would be terrible.

Rocky, thats a sad deal. Something like that is worth more in pride then a hat full of money.
        Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
        MM211 AS and Spool-Mate 100.
        Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
        O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
        Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
        4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
        Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
        Jackson Passive Shade #5 for the plasma.
        I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.
        Speedglas 9100x

Projects and Misc Albums
        http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Comment

Thanks

We had that discussion already. Rugs only. Oh yeah, I asked him not to drop it on his foot either.
          mnt

Comment

Originally posted by mnt View Post
            Doh! that is rough. Maybe worth a mission to go back to the house, offer the new owners a case of beer or a gift card or something.

It's fun to make toys for the little ones.
            It's a little late for that...like 40 years ago. I figgered I could always make another one...yeah, right. Never happened.

Comment

thats cool, especially bluing on the stack.

Comment

That is nice. reminds me of when I was a kid and there were real metal Tonka Trucks and earth moving machinery, made in the USA. not the cheapo blow moulded plastic imported from China stuff kids have today.

Funny how thet old real metal stuff appreciates in value. My wife just sold her (as a kid) Lincoln Log set on Ebay for 250 bucks.
                So little time...So many machine tools.........
                www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
                Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
                Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
                Harris OA
                Too many motorcycles.............-
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I figured a little blueing on the stack would give it a more "real" feel.
                  Sidecarflip, I am with you on the old Tonka toys and other stuff. My parents still have a bunch of the old toys that I had as a kid. Good stuff, and has held up well for a long time.

I am liking making the toys for my kids, and I know they will last. Paint may wear off, but that can be replaced, and they'll have it forever.

If anyone can make a toy for a kid, do it. It is worth the expression on their faces, and you feel good making something that will last.
                  mnt

Comment

Nice little dozer!

I remember when my brother and I tried to hammer a hole through the concrete floor in the basement of our folks old house when we were kids.

That didn't go over to well!

Ironic though that we both ended up in similar fields. My brother is a heavy duty mechanic and I went into welding!
                    Last edited by mb_welder; 05-26-2010, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X