Garden Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Racer

I threw this together this morning just for fun. Made it from the tooth of a backhoe bucket and some misc scrap pieces. quick fun and easy

You can tell from the pics, did everything by eyeball, no measuring or squaring or anything. Just slapped together. No real welds to show pics of, bunch of little tacks.
    mnt

nice.. you should smooth off the welds on the wheels and with a 41/2 inch cutoff disk, put some tread on the tires..
    Jim
    Jim Young
    www.jimyo.com

Comment

That's Excellent!!...I agree with smoothing the tacks down on the wheels, but plain steel would be fine by me...no treads needed!
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

thanks

Thanks guys,

After looking at the pics it is like a "duh" moment. Definitely should grind those down, takes no time and will look better.

I am going to try to get three more knocked out, but take a little more time on them. This one could be considered the first sketch.

I might put the little nose wing or spoiler or whatever it is called on the one of the new ones too. My thought was to make it look like a formula car, with not very many pieces and being easy and quick to assemble. Sometimes it is nice to just make something and finish it as opposed to the over complicated long projects.
        mnt

Comment

That looks like a great boot scraper. Ornamental and useful.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

liking it... very creative.

Comment

Working...
            X