Mounted Springer on Chopper Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted Springer on Chopper Frame

'sure looks goofy with no tank, engine, seat, etc. Its just an art bike, will never be ridden. I'm considering something "more interesting" than a Harley Engine for it. Its 10 feet. 4 inches long.

"Good Enough Never Is"

Foot, if you don't add another skeleton rider to this work of art you're gonna break my heart...
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

I'm thinking more of an Android, like I did on the Wounded Warriors bike...

Last edited by Hotfoot; 01-19-2010, 09:26 PM.
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Hotfoot, that's just plain badassed, no matter how you look at it. I agree on something 'more interesting' than a Harley engine ...... how about a small-block V-8? (I'm sure you have one of those laying around .... gotta have something big in there to turn that huge rear wheel!) Something like that, you wouldn't even NEED a rider.

And you're right, those Z-bars are pretty killer ..... Haven't seen those around since the '70's. Mostly people are going for apehangers nowadays.

Comment

I'll take a close-up of the Z Bars tomorrow. Absolute killer, indeed! Very scary!!...They are cobbled up from pieces of bicycle handlebars, and it looks like they were brazed together, rather than welded (the "weld" has turned green over the years). I'd love to know the history of this front end...especially how it ended up in Mexico. It was an old chopper..probably from the 60's.
          "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Foot, Something tells me I'm going to be shouting for the wife to come up and look at your newest creation again...she's a fan as well.
            Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

I plan to stretch the tank down and along the frame, but that'll depend on what I put in there for an engine....but this is the concept...

"Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

some 3-D flames contoured to the top of the back wheel fender would look great on this bike!
                "let me know how that works out for ya'"

Hobart Handler 140

Comment

How about a squirrel cage with a little guy running in it - reaching for the beer can hanging in front of it?
                  Lincoln Power MIG 140C Victor A/O
                  Dewalt 14" Chop Saw IR 20gal 5hp Compressor
                  Craftsman bench grinder, tabletop drill press

Carton of Common Sense: Medium
                  Box of Experience: Small
                  List of things to learn: Long!

Oh,, an old 360 Green Card and a 370 Yellow Green Card too..

Comment

I did think of a keg with headers...and I have keg lying in the back yard...
                    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Nice! I'm diggin the keg with headers idea....definately different, and maybe you could sell to a bar or beverage distributor!

Comment

Well, it'll fit rather nicely. I'd cut an access door in the bottom (need to clear all those frame mounts, anyways) to install steel fittings to weld stuff to (the keg is aluminum), like headers, carb(s), etc. That way I can just cut holes through the keg , slip the pieces through, and weld them from the inside....I could even bolt a set of valve covers on at a"V8 anghle)...Anyone got a (cheap) set of old hemi, or other interesting covers they want to part with?? Hmmm....

Something like this...the Hemi's would be too large, it seems. I tried a Detroit Diesel valve cover, and its a bit too big...will probably use small block Chevy.Ford, Mopar...but I could dig up some Moroso's or Fabricated covers to "class it up". ...Darn,...and I sold two sets of Morosos at the swap meet two years ago..When am I going to learn to not throw anything away!!

I considered fabbing up my own set of covers in my bender, but, heck, it'll be a lot simpler to bolt something on that's already made...not to say I still might fab some...I never know!
                        Last edited by Hotfoot; 01-24-2010, 08:55 AM.
                        "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Mexico ?????

Originally posted by Hotfoot View Post
                          I'll take a close-up of the Z Bars tomorrow. Absolute killer, indeed! Very scary!!...They are cobbled up from pieces of bicycle handlebars, and it looks like they were brazed together, rather than welded (the "weld" has turned green over the years). I'd love to know the history of this front end...especially how it ended up in Mexico. It was an old chopper..probably from the 60's.
                          Do You hit junk yards in Mexico ??

Comment

No. I won't go down there, even though its not that far, but my crazy Aussie Friend does. He is a scrounger supreme, and has many vintage motorcycles he has picked up as "almost" scrap down there. Harleys from the 30's, Matchless. AJS, Nortons, etc. I don't recall seeing a Vincent in his store rooms, but he does have a Velocette Thruxton. He travels all over the US picking up pieces and parts as he goes...he's rather obsessed by it all!
                            "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Would a jet engine be an option HF?
                              Last edited by Rocky D; 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X