My first attempt at 'art'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first attempt at 'art'

Well I was bored this evening. I have been seeing a bunch of things made from tools and scrap lately - so I decided I would give it a go. I used allen wrenches (don't worry - I had TONS of the sizes that I used), bolts, nuts, washers, nails, staples, junk wrenches, screwdrivers, and a piece of scrap plate. Being that I enjoy offroad stuff - I made myself a buggy and RTI ramp. Some of the pics didn't turn out that good - but I hope you enjoy!

Weekend warrior - just starting out

Hobart Handler 175

...go easy on me...

Hobart Handler 175

...go easy on me...

Comment

Schweet! I saw the allen wrenches pointing diagonally down the windshield and going back in the cab and thought that was pretty clever. I would not have thought of that.

FCAW?
      Metallurgy

Comment

Very nice, and welcome to the world of recycled welding! very creative use of old junked tools and whatnot you had laying around. Man, that thing sure is twisted ....... have seen pics of a real Jeep CJ-7 doing that.

Comment

good start. Now sand blast it and put some clear coat on it.. or chrome if available, and you will have a great conversation piece for the mantle..
          Jim
          Jim Young
          www.jimyo.com

Comment

Originally posted by metallurgy View Post
            Schweet! I saw the allen wrenches pointing diagonally down the windshield and going back in the cab and thought that was pretty clever. I would not have thought of that.

FCAW?
            Thanks for the comments. I'm pretty green with lingo - FCAW. I'm guessing Flux Core Wire? If so - yes.

Originally posted by SpyGuy View Post
            Very nice, and welcome to the world of recycled welding! very creative use of old junked tools and whatnot you had laying around. Man, that thing sure is twisted ....... have seen pics of a real Jeep CJ-7 doing that.
            I have seen many 'crazy' buggies in my day. My favorite is a guy who drove completely over and RTI ramp while keeping three tires on the ground. Amazing site.

Originally posted by JimYo View Post
            good start. Now sand blast it and put some clear coat on it.. or chrome if available, and you will have a great conversation piece for the mantle..
            Jim
            Good suggestion. I don't have a blast cabinet so it might end up as is - one of those 'rusting decorations.' If I find someone local who wants to blast it I might do that too.

I might have to see what else I have laying around now...

Hobart Handler 175

...go easy on me...

Comment

FCAW = flux core arc welding
              SMAW = shielded metal arc welding (stick welding)
              GTAW = gas-shielded tungsten arc welding = (TIG = Tungsten inert gas)
              GMAW = Gas shielded metal arc welding = (MIG = Metallic inert gas)
              SAW = Submerged arc welding
              and there are a number of other acronyms, but aren't used much here.

Comment

get one of those harbor Freight $15.00 hand units and hook it to your compresor. they come in handy for small jobs, and playground sand works fine.
                Jim
                Jim Young
                www.jimyo.com

Comment

Working...
                X