Add Sidecar and baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Sidecar and baskets

Well, Spring is coming, so I pulled these two pieces out of a gallery a couple days ago to give them a bit more "Garden Appeal". I added a sidecar to the "Rusty Motorcycle" (can put some plants on that), and baskets to the "Rusty Bicycle" (Boy,, am I ever saving on paint!!) Folks really like the rusty junk look!

"Good Enough Never Is"

thats cool! Rust really keeps the look....classic! What do you end up doing with all these things??
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

Comment

I sell them!
      "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Really very nice. You have a great eye!!

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Argon18 View Post
          thats cool! Rust really keeps the look....classic! What do you end up doing with all these things??
          What do you mean, what does he do with them? The second bicycle is the one he rode to school as a kid. Uphill. Both ways. In the snow.
          --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
          -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by usmcpop View Post
            What do you mean, what does he do with them? The second bicycle is the one he rode to school as a kid. Uphill. Both ways. In the snow.
            ...carrying baked potatoes in my pockets to stay warm...then eat for lunch!...and afinal update on the motorcycle (I try to recycle 'stuff' as much as possible)...
            Frame is from a manual Garden tiller (the wheel went to the bicycle).
            The engine is actually an air compressor, with a meat grinder intake, and a hunk of Harley exhaust. The shifter lever if from a riding mower,. The rear wheel is from an old drill press, front is bicycle, the sidecar wheel was made up by someone at sometime long ago...because the spokes are rebar . Seat is from an old bicycle that I stripped the pad off (I love to find the old, funky metal ones...getting harder by the day). Fenders are from power lawn mower "rock shields". Tanks is a piece of sheet steel I bent in my HF Metal Brake (which works great!). Headlight is a funnel, tail light a cat food can. Handlebars are simple bends from an old metal chair. The "sprockets are the AC flywheel and a Harley belt drive front sprocket....etc. Lots of color-matching" and touch up done to bring it together...mostly Krylon Brown Camo, with touches of Red Oxide Primer here and there.
            Last edited by Hotfoot; 01-10-2009, 03:23 PM.
            "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

It's a sad day when a craftsman spills his guts and gives away all his trade secrets... or maybe not.

Hard-won knowledge must be preserved and passed on...
              Last edited by usmcpop; 01-10-2009, 05:33 PM.
              --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
              -------------------------

Comment

Cool art as always Hotfoot!
                Miller 140 A/S
                HF Flux Core
                Dewalt Chop Saw
                Smith O/A Torch
                Ryobi Grinder, Craftsman & HF Grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classicsigpic

Comment

Working...
                X