LongHair Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LongHair Cat

I figured I needed to get busy again, so I drew up and cut out this cat in stainless steel. will look better once framed ..
    Jim
    Last edited by JimYo; 01-08-2009, 02:45 PM.
    Jim Young
    www.jimyo.com

wow that really detailed! Plasma cut?
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Hypertherm Powermax 45

Comment

yep,, I did that with my 250CI cutter..
      Jim
      Jim Young
      www.jimyo.com

Comment

Good looking piece of work.

Jim
        IN GOD WE TRUST!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with bull$***.

AMERICA-LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Comment

That's fantastic! I need to go out and practice with my plasma cutter. All my straight lines are curved and all my curved lines look like they were made with and Etch-A-Sketch
          Mig - Hobart 187
          Plasma - Miller 375

Comment

Very nice. I can't tell, but it doesn't look "square". How are you going to frame it? With some backing??

Again, nice work.

Bob

Comment

going to mount it on a piece of stained and clear coated cabnet grade plywood, with a frame around the edges of the plywood. It will not lay flat but be mounted by 3 to 4 points around the edge of the stainless steel to the board. The bends in the stainless will give the picture depth and add to the reflective qualities of the steel once on the wall.
              Jim
              Last edited by JimYo; 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM. Reason: added final picture
              Jim Young
              www.jimyo.com

Comment

In picture #1 under the mouth, about where the chin would be there appears to be the letters ussy with something just before them. is that just a random coincidence?
                Two turn tables and a microphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pangea View Post
                  In picture #1 under the mouth, about where the chin would be there appears to be the letters ussy with something just before them. is that just a random coincidence?
                  Nah .. those are just hairs with cat food stuck to them..
                  Jim Young
                  www.jimyo.com

Comment

Very nice work, Jim! What's the minimum thickness of those lines you can cut with your plasma cutter?
                    LarryL

Comment

Larry the 250ci is probably best with sheet metal. I have cut 1/8 inch but with the work I do with all the straight through penetrations, I suspect anything else but sheet metal (thin) would eat my tips up extreemly fast. This moves very fast with the sheet, but very slow on flat bar. The 250ci is a great little machine for what I do, but probably too small for heavy duty steel work. I need to buy some more tips but at $15.00 for the tip and electrode its a little pricey..
                      Jim
                      Jim Young
                      www.jimyo.com

Comment

Jim,

I like the "frame". Especially because the piece isn't flat. Looks good!

Bob

Comment

Maybe I read it wrong but-JimYo, I think LarryL's question in regards to the minimum thickness was actually asking about the "width" of the lines of the cuts. I also am curious about the "width" of the lines you are cutting and how do you control them so thin? Great work you're doing. Thanks, David

Comment

the tip on the 250ci is almost worn (orifice is now larger) out so the cut lines are a little wide. Will get new ones shortly which will give me a smaller cut, and save the current one to use to when I want them this size as you see them. As for control, I draw my lines with a sharpie and hand cut on the lines..
                            Thanks for the comments..
                            Jim
                            Jim Young
                            www.jimyo.com

Comment

The first pic isn't showing up? BW limit?

Dave
                              Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
                              http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
                              http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Square Wave TIG 200 - Woot!
                              MM180
                              SP125+

Comment

Working...
                              X