Dude...my first project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude...my first project

Just wanted to show off my very first at home piece. The maintenance guys at my work are keeping me stocked up with mild steel. I did this on an ironing board, because I don't have a welding table yet...but whatever works. I won't show the back, the welds are crap, but I still love it. I had a couple of mishaps. I blew the breaker; which was good because it's a new house and they weren't labeled and I hadn't figured out which one it was yet...so I'll have to upgrade. I accidently tried to use stainless with my HH140 and C25 mix and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the metal to stick together, silly me. Oh well, every day is a learning experience.

Alicia

Stainless should have welded just fine. I weld stainless with just regular MIG wire (probably ER70S6), and it weld very easy. Neat looking little 'guy', by the way!
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Hi.
      I looked at the picture 3 times and none of the parts fell off; so the welds must be good enough.
      Bob

Comment

Thanks guys. I wonder what my problem was then...there was no penetration at all; I could just knock the bead right off. I just assumed it was because it was stainless.

Comment

I like the little feller. Nice job.

Jim
          IN GOD WE TRUST!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with bull$***.

AMERICA-LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Comment

I like your little guy!
            Miller 140 A/S
            HF Flux Core
            Dewalt Chop Saw
            Smith O/A Torch
            Ryobi Grinder, Craftsman & HF Grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classicsigpic

Comment

great job!

I really love the little man,if you made more of those you could sell them puppies too ya know. Fabulous work really,do more,show more.
              Devin

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyWeldanna View Post
                Thanks guys. I wonder what my problem was then...there was no penetration at all; I could just knock the bead right off. I just assumed it was because it was stainless.
                Sorry Alicia, ...it seems no one answered your question. This could happen is the welder was in the wrong polarity. Welders are set up for fluxcore from the factory, and if you run solid wire and don't change the polarity, this condition will occur. No penetration.

Comment

Working...
                X