Garden Bridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Bridge

I found cast palm trees that I thought would be nice to integrate into a garden bridge. The rest of the bridge is welded up standard steel tubing and bar stock. All the panel were set up on a "WELD AND SLOT" table. This company makes low cost welding tables that are great for the home hobbyist - see pic.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Rich2313 View Post
    I found cast palm trees that I thought would be nice to integrate into a garden bridge. The rest of the bridge is welded up standard steel tubing and bar stock. All the panel were set up on a "WELD AND SLOT" table. This company makes low cost welding tables that are great for the home hobbyist - see pic.
    Nice bridge (and nice table)! What do the tables cost?

Comment

Yes would like to know more about welding table...

Dale
      Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

Comment

Originally posted by Northweldor View Post
        Nice bridge (and nice table)! What do the tables cost?
        I found this.... https://weldtables.com/collections/p...ing-table-tops

pretty reasonable, too
        Arcin' and sparkin', Rocky D <><
        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
        IF YOU CAN READ THIS, THANK A TEACHER...
        IF YOU'RE READING THIS IN ENGLISH, THANK A SOLDIER!

Comment

Watched video and the table top (2x3) only for for $199 does not seem to bad or 2x3 kit with legs for $299 seems reasonable... The way it is all cut and assembled looks like it could be done with 140 amp machine (at the max for 3/16 material) it could be workable...Maybe I need to convince myself to get my 210MVP.... But table looks quite reasonable for home/hobby or light manufacturing work... Maybe if I ask Santa to stop by early...

https://weldtables.com/collections/p...ing-table-kits

Dale

Comment

Don't limit the 140 to 3/16 material, when done right, you can weld 1/2 inch with it, and maybe more. I did this with a 90 amp Hobart Handler when they first came out. 1 1/2" rebar to 1/4" plate
            Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-844F.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	666748 Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-863F.JPG
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	666749 Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-898F.JPG
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	666750 Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-849F.JPG
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	666751
            Last edited by Rocky D; 04-17-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D View Post
              Don't limit the 140 to 3/16 material, when done right, you can weld 1/2 inch with it, and maybe more. I did this with a 90 amp Hobart Handler when they first came out. 1 1/2" rebar to 1/4" plate
              [ATTACH]38581[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38582[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38583[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38584[/ATTACH]

Was not limiting the 140 so to speak. Just awkward comment on possibly not getting penetration on thicker material mostly due to my techniques/ability... I get to caught up in the "heat" vs material thickness thing.. Guess its just that I'm a hobby welder and I read to much about welds looking good and having little penetration on one side of joint due to not controlling the heat very well... Funny thing is about the only thing I have had fail is trying to weld a section of tubing to plow disk.... Its not that the welds "failed" but plow disk material actually crystallized and popped loose taking some of the base material with it... Bad technique attributed to probably not preheating disk before weld because of disk material according to more experienced people...

Dale
              Last edited by Dale M.; 04-18-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich2313 View Post
                Hello,

I think the small tables start at $200 and go up to $800 - check out pricing here - https://weldtables.com/. I use the table in conjunction with "STRONG HAND TOOLS" clamps and magnets - great products for the cost. I posted some pics showing the table being used to weld up a 90 degree fabrication square. All of the products from the "weldtables.com" website come broken down - see 005.jpg.
                Also - if you want a less expensive more portable table - try NOMAN welding tables from "Strong Hand Tools" - see 011.jpg.

Happy welding,
                Rich
                Attached Files

Comment

Looked at the Nomad, and found it only little better than the HF version... Still not quite as robust as the ones being discusses here... $299 for 2x3 foot with legs & casters is not to extreme for home/hobby use...

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale M. View Post
                    Was not limiting the 140 so to speak. Just awkward comment on possibly not getting penetration on thicker material mostly due to my techniques/ability... I get to caught up in the "heat" vs material thickness thing.. Guess its just that I'm a hobby welder and I read to much about welds looking good and having little penetration on one side of joint due to not controlling the heat very well... Funny thing is about the only thing I have had fail is trying to weld a section of tubing to plow disk.... Its not that the welds "failed" but plow disk material actually crystallized and popped loose taking some of the base material with it... Bad technique attributed to probably not preheating disk before weld because of disk material according to more experienced people...

Dale
                    Most guys when they come from stick welding to MIG see the penetration is rather shallow compared to what they are used to. It is just as strong, tho..... as to your plow disk, it is hardened steel and you have to anneal it before welding. and always remember it is not the machine that makes the weld...it is the weldor.

Comment

Working...
                    X