New locks for the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New locks for the shop

69.00 bucks for just 1 hasp...but I was thinking what the tools are worth so I got 2 of them

They have to get past a steel gate first (its open now)

Stairs to the roof

My roof from inside

My welding corner needs some work

What are the chances that the doors can be lifted off the hinge pins while still locked together?
    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
      What are the chances that the doors can be lifted off the hinge pins while still locked together?
      They try that,doors are recessed so when they are closed you can't raise them.Inside are very big hooks that hold the shut.I'll probably get some sort of insurance.Most times my tools are in my house so I'm a little worried now that the are not.Those walls are 3 feet thick no windows so it should be safe enough.Still its only a few blocks from the drug dealers...why I got more locks.

Comment

Sounds good. How thick is the roof? Doubt you'll like the cost of insurance.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyoming View Post
          Sounds good. How thick is the roof? Doubt you'll like the cost of insurance.
          I'm not sure but their is another story above mine...wood and not as old.
          I was told insurance wouldn't be bad...a few hundred.I'll find out

Comment

What ****** are you on?
            I was on St Croix a couple times in 70s. Could really see expensive homes increase in 2 years between my visits and price increase. Passenger jets made it more practical to have secant or retirement home on far off island.

Comment

Lets face it fellas. If someone wants to get in bad enough they will. The weakest link is the wood door. With a six foot pry bar I could make short order of that door due to the stone walls giving an excellent leverage platform. You have also peaked the interest of the local idiots by having such an elaborate hasp and locking system. They will definitely want to see whats inside. Your best hope is to slow them down so they get frustrated and your setup may just do it. How much steel reinforcing is on the back side of the hasps?

Comment

I agree about making it both secure and inconpicuous. That way the pros might not try, which is good because they can always figure a way inside, but you've also stopped someone just hoping for a good hual. I'm no expert on crime, but I still contend if you stop the oportunistic thieves, you've stopped most of the problem. Thieves are often lazy and stupid. That's part of the reason they must steal to survive.

Comment

Well, it looks more secure than it would be without the hasps, but $69? Really? I think for about $10, you could make those. Then again, time is money.

Dave
                  Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
                  http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
                  http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Square Wave TIG 200 - Woot!
                  MM180
                  SP125+

Comment

Originally posted by whateg0 View Post
                    Well, it looks more secure than it would be without the hasps, but $69? Really? I think for about $10, you could make those. Then again, time is money.

Dave
                    Well my scrap pile isn't very big yet and yep time is money.By the time I ran around getting the steel,bolts etc..I would have a few hundred in labor.
                    I made a few shelf bracket...by the time I cut,drilled and welded them I thought for 3 or 4 bucks I could have bought the same thing.
                    In that same ally there are three apartments,so hopefully by the time they break into the first gate and start on my door somebody will have shot them for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X