Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding Tools

Hi,

I'm trying to clean up my Railing Project I posted about before. Here is the basic look:

My problem is now where those Collars on the polls are welded are impossible to fit my angle grinder in so i can clean them up.

Does anyone know of some good Grinding tools that would be able to fit between the Railings (it's about a 3.75" gap).

Thanks!!!
    HH 140
    HF Mig
    40Amp Plasma Cutter

I use Rat Tail Files, they work great, and lave just the right concave surface. Like grinding...the better you weld...the less you file..
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

Use a die grinder.

Comment

Try a Dynafile, or one of its clones, in either electric or pneumatic.
        Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

A die grinder with carbide burr will dress the weld down. Once you have it shaped, you can use those little sand paper cartridge rolls to really slick it up if you desire. I'm not positive just what they are called, but they are about the size of a cigarette and stick onto an arbor on the die grinder. I use this method on bed frames where I can't get to with a flap disk. The hand file also works but I sorta prefer the fast easy method.
          Jim

Miller MM 210
          Miller Dialarc 250P
          Airco 225 engine driven
          Victor O/A
          Lots of other tools and always wanting more

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Tx View Post
            Once you have it shaped, you can use those little sand paper cartridge rolls to really slick it up if you desire. I'm not positive just what they are called, but they are about the size of a cigarette and stick onto an arbor on the die grinder. .
            They are called a cartridge roll.

Comment

Hi,

I tired using findind a burr that would clean up the welds, but not luck.

Do any of you have any links to any specicif tools that have worked?

Thanks for the help!
              HH 140
              HF Mig
              40Amp Plasma Cutter

Comment

I beleive the carbide burr in a die grinder would be your best bet. I have seen them at ace and true value Menards rural king. Just make sure that it is carbide I tried using on that wasn't, and it ate it up instantly..oops.
                Hobart 140 Victor O/A 450series Milwaukee sawzall Drill press Chinese sandblaster
                Dewalt chop saw

Comment

something like this? http://www.wttool.com/product-exec/product_id/33938
                  HH 140
                  HF Mig
                  40Amp Plasma Cutter

Comment

Try the Dynafile or one of its clones. It will get into all the areas you want it for and do a much easier job of it than burrs. Belts are cheap and easy to swap out.
                    Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

Originally posted by bandsawguy View Post
                      They are called a cartridge roll.
                      IN California, they are called a barrel sander.

Comment

Harbor Freight has this one:

Mucho cheapo...I got one and it works great.

Comment

try using a dremel. ive never tried it, but its worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                          X