ATVS + Snowplowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATVS + Snowplowing

I have a co-worker that wants to attach a plate with a winch he bought on his atv bumper to raise his plow .Any body have some pics or ideas?
    Pro-level dumpster diver/Shop full of the finest foreign tools Hobart 125 EZ

Boy I hate when that does that. My co-worker has a winch he wants to mount on a plate and hook it to the bumper of his atv. It would be for raising and lowering a snow plow.Anybody done this or know where to get some good ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by stevinator; 10-21-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

This article should give you a few ideas.

http://snowmobile.off-road.com/snowm....jsp?id=195976

I believe the mount on mine was a plate that fit between the frame rails and is bolted to the tubes with U-bolts.
      Miller 251, Lincoln PrecisionTig 275, Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC, Hypertherm 900, Bridgeport J-head, Jet 14" lathe, South Bend 9" lathe, Hossfeld bender with a collection of dies driving me to the poorhouse, Logan shaper, Ellis 3000 bandsaw, Royersford drill press and a Victor Journeyman O/A.

Comment

My Polaris Setup

I ordered the plate to hold the winch from kifproducts.com. ATV specific and cheap $38.00 i could not make one for that. Good Luck, Let it Snow!

Luke
        Luke
        North Salem, NY

HH 187
        Orbit 16 speed drill press
        Evolution Rage 2 SAW 14" dry cut

87 Buick Grand National
        96 Ford Mustang GT (vert)
        04 Polaris Sportsman 700

"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."

AA

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. As it turns out he had a plate and wanted it welded to his original bumper.He brought me the setup and I welded it for him.He painted it all up and is happy as can be and said it works great.I love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

Working...
          X