Finally - Welding Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - Welding Table

Well after several false starts and road blocks I have a welding table...

A while back I acquired a piece of 1/4 inch plate that measures 26X28 inches....A while after I got a set of casters from local tractor supply... Some time has gone by...

A few days ago I went to local metal supplier and was going to price out some 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 inch tube and to my surprise $159 for a 20ft. length and I need 30ft. .... Dream of finishing table sort of when "poof"...

Came home and rooted around in scrap pile and came up with 4 sets of angle iron bed rail two sets at 1-1/2 X 2 inch and two sets of 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 inch (knew I grabbed them out of neighbors "free" offering for some unknow reason at the time), Well the 1-1/2 X 2 inch ended up being cut and welded together to create a tube for legs and other lengths of bed rail uses to form frame to hold it all together....

Lot of hours of measuring and cutting and welding now I have a sort of table.... Top has been drilled with 1/8 inch pilot holes on a 4x4 inch grid to be late drilled to 3/8 inch for setting up fixtures, jigs and whatnots vice was something found shoved back deep in some dark shelf..

Bottom tray is a section of 1/4 cement board left over from some home repairs ... Table is not complete as it needs a bar to hang clamps from and a few odds & ends.... But it very workable as it is... Probably will add a few tweaks at later date....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Weld-table.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	714304

As table goes its sort of a light weight, but its for small home shop and will fill my needs...
    Last edited by Dale M.; 02-13-2022, 10:54 AM.
    "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Lightweight as in thin or in moves around. If the latter, add a couple of cinder blocks to the bottom shelf when you're using it.
    Blacksmith
    Stickmate LX AC/DC
    Big cheap (Chinese) Anvil
    Hand cranked coal forge
    Freon bottle propane forge
    HH 210 and bottle of C25

Comment

Light weight as to how it was envisioned because of thinner materials in construction of frame, but it weight its heavy enough to be stable for my purposes .... Probably weighs in between 80 and 100 pounds... And it does have locking casters on two of its legs...
      Last edited by Dale M.; 02-22-2022, 09:40 AM.
      "Fear The Government That Wants To Take Your Guns" - Thomas Jefferson..

Comment

Looks good, beats the floor.
        http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

Just as a side note and not directly related to this table but the rage is to use tube for all this stuff. Last structural tube I use was something found for a bracket, another piece a while back for a bumper but angle is so much easier and rarely miter either. I was at the yard the other day, tube is in real demand was almost 2x as much as channel which was about the cheapest and cheaper than flat bar. I forget what angle was, in the middle I think.
          I built 200+ benches for a job in the 90's, they spec tube for the legs but I really rarely use it. On the net it seems like a requirement.
          http://www.facebook.com/cary.urka.urkafarms

Comment

Working...
          X