HH 187 for chassis & sheetmetal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HH 187 for chassis & sheetmetal?

Is the 187 a good choice to do use for building/modifying chassis and sheetmetal?

I am looking for a new machine but don't want to go too small and not be able to handle doing chassis build ups. Any experiences in using the 187 in the resto/mod car field would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well, I have no direct experience with the 187, but it is well thought of on this forum, and has been said to have a better low end (sheet metal) than my HH180, as well as more top end power (chassis)., so I'd say go for it! (Check Indiana Oxygen Supply , free shipping, no tax...or Tractor Supply (you just missed 15% off deal), or Cyberweld).

My 180 does pretty good, but the real champ for sheet metal seems to be the 110 volt HH140...running solid wire with gas (of course).
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

I live in Indy so I might just head to the shop and talk to the guys down there about it. I am on the fence between a HH187 and HH210, or comparable Miller / Lincoln.

Any other comments regarding this?

Comment

Hh187

I purchased this unit last year. I in the middle of a Body off restoration and this machine has performed perfect.
        Luke
        North Salem, NY

HH 187
        Orbit 16 speed drill press
        Evolution Rage 2 SAW 14" dry cut

87 Buick Grand National
        96 Ford Mustang GT (vert)
        04 Polaris Sportsman 700

"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."

AA

Comment

I have a HH 187, although I do not do much as far as auto body work, I think the HH 187 would suit your needs great. Mine has done everything I ask of it and more. The seven settings on it work great for tuning it in for various thicknesses of metal.

Comment

Working...
          X