Barbell Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbell Rack

My brother in law and I finished the barbell rack we were working on. It is for the Highschool weight room. He is taking it somewhere else to paint it,so I will get some pictures from him when it is totally finished. Ps this attachment is very small I re-posted further down.
    Last edited by chub380; 02-10-2003, 07:41 PM.

looks really good. If it was my project I might consider getting it powder coating instead painting. The powder coat would take the abuse of the barbells and last forever.
    Art is dangerous!
    www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

Thanks, I told him the same thing once and done its the only way to go. He may still go that route, I guess he is checking with the coach. Normal paint will never hold up to those weights.Chub

Comment

Barbell Rack

One more

Comment

Barbell Rack

Last one

Comment

Barbell Rack

I will post the first picture again now that I figured out how to enlarge it.

Comment

$$

off topic, but what would a powder coat for something like that cost?

Comment

Where would you get something powder coated?
                Todd Eldridge
                [email protected]
                Newbie Hobby Welder

Comment

look in the phone book for a local shop. If you used one of there standard in stock colors then I don't think it will be that much. Most places charge ya by the pound of material they use. I plan to have my porch swing powder coated.
                  Art is dangerous!
                  www.PiedmontIronworks.com

Comment

Powder coat

I usually got all my cargo haulers powdercoated I had a friend there he charged $15 dollars. Most were 24in by 52-54 in with a 8in high railing around the whole thing. I dont think they are going prices. Just a guess I would say that weight rack would cost$100 just a guess. It makes for a great, durable job. The cargo racks are very apt to getting beat up on the back of trucks (road salt ect.)and throwing deer on them dont take the coating off. Well worth the money.

Comment

What sort of prep do they want for something to be powder coated? Can it be primed...or does it have to be clean bare metal...or dust blasted?

Comment

My stuff is usually pretty clean, but the place I take my stuff goes thru a blasting room first to take off anything missed. I am not sure if this is standard or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky D
                          What sort of prep do they want for something to be powder coated? Can it be primed...or does it have to be clean bare metal...or dust blasted?
                          powdering coating requires alot of prep to get the most reliable bond from the coating. They say the best prep is to media blast, then degrease, then bake the part to be coated. spray the coating on. then bake it to harden the powder coating.

- jack

Comment

So I guess from what you're saying, Jack, I should have it as clean and bare metal as I can. Got it! Thanks.

Comment

yeah, in a nutshell ... just get it as clean as you can Rocky

- jack

Comment

Working...
                              X