Cylinder Holders for Pickup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Holders for Pickup...

I just know you guys will have the answer to this - What kind of brackets do you have/seen/made to hold your welding gas cylinders in your pickup? I have tried strapping the whole cart to the sidewall - but bouncing around the pastures they slip and slide...

P.S. I finished my first gate out of EMT and used a conduit bender to make some nice curves on the sides... but it is too ugly to post a picture of. (maybe the next one!)

There's a good picture of something like this in the Hayne's welding manual. I have a couple ideas for my own truck but can't explain them well enough to help. It boiled down to an angle iron corner on the floor that the cart sits in, a few mounts on the cart that mate to plates attached to the side of the truck bed (a few pin and pipe type releases)
    It'd be a lot sturdier if you have a ladder rack, or something like that. Let us know what you do!

Comment

Wasn't Doc Savage bald, and didn't he have a refuge in the North Pole?? I made a rectangular box 48" tall, 30" wide and about 10" front to back. It is wide enough for a bottle of Oxy, acet., and 75/25. It has a removable plate on the front to hold them in and a lifting lug on the back to pick them up. I bolt it to the floor. Corners are 3" x 3" x .250" angle iron, cross plates are 3" x .250" HRS bar stock. I like the design so much, I have built one for every truck I have or have had.
      Respectfully,
      Mike Sherman
      Shermans Welding

Comment

Actually he lived in Manhattan and had bronze color hair... I think you are thinking of superman and Lex Luther. Not that it matters.

Comment

It has been many, many years since I have read any Doc Savage. You are undoubtedly correct.
          Respectfully,
          Mike Sherman
          Shermans Welding

Comment

Working...
          X