Pellet Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet Stove

I'm new here, nice site! I have built many conventional wood stoves in the past. Has anyone here tried building a pellet stove or does anyone know where I might be able find plans? Thanks
    Happiness is a hot electrode

Stoves

There are a number of companies that build pellet stoves a patent search can be run to give you a view of how they are made. I am not sure if my stoves are similar or not.

I currently heat my work shop (40 x 56 x14) with a 60,000btu envirotech corn stove. It has been about 6 degrees out and windy the shop is kept around 60 degrees. I am burning about 5# of corn per hour. (5 X 7000 btu/#= 35,000BTU/hr ) to maintain this heat. Corn, wheat or rye can be used as Fuel.

If some one could tell me how to post a diagram I might be able to give you the basic structure and parts needed to build one.

Comment

Re: Stoves

Originally posted by Farmer
      If some one could tell me how to post a diagram I might be able to give you the basic structure and parts needed to build one.
      Click on the "Browse" button. That will access all of the files on your own computer. Scroll through the files to find the file where you keep the digital picture of the stove, then click on that to add it. Voila. you can only add one picture per post, but you can do multiple post for additional pictures. I look forward to the pictures.
      AtoZ Fabrication, Inc.
      Miller MM210--now X2
      Hypertherm 380
      Miller autodark hood

Comment

Constructing the metal part of the stove shouldn't be to bad from what I've seen when I've taken mine apart to clean it. That said however, pellet stoves are a little more complicated than a standard wood stove. Besides the body you'll need a couple of blowers (room air & combustion air) plus a motor for a feed auger. The big problem is that all of the pellet stoves I've seen are microprocessor controlled. You can do it without a micro but it may take you a good while to get everything adjusted correctly so that it burns properly.

John

Comment

Go into e-bay type in pellet stove you will see some pellet and corn stove patent collection. I think it costs $9.95 something like that and you can print out graphs and drawings of these stoves.

Comment

anybody built or even seen a waste oil stove like this:

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...earth/me4.html

- jack

Comment

AH YES...........MY BROTHERS AND I BUILT SOME ONCE USEING A BUNCH OF STEEL WHEELS OFF OF SEMI TRUCKS AND TRAILERS. WHEN YOU PUT THE NICE SHINNY ONES ON YOU GOT ALL THESE WORTHLESS STEEL WHEELS LAYING AROUND...........SAME PRINCICAL AS THE STOVE SHOWN.........WE USE A DRIP TUBE INTO OURS AND IT WORKED FINE FOR MANY YEARS........ GUESS IT IS STILL HOLDING UP CURRENT OWNER OF PROPERTY ASKED IF WE STILL MADE STOVES BECAUSE WE PUT OOUR NOAME ON IT..........HAHAHA.................NO WE DON'T MANUFACTURE STOVES..............ROCK.........
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X