Barbeque Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbeque Stand

I wanted to do something special for my neighbor and noticed his barbeque stand was falling apart. Here is my progress after 1 week of free time.
    The stand needed an unusal shape due too the smoker hanging on the right side. I also added a bunch of hangers and loops for utensils.
    It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

pic 2

Comment

pic 3

Here's is the grill with the legs chopped off. Having it on the hoist made it easy to do final fitting without having to lift anything.

I should have bought one of these hoists a long time ago for my woodworking projects.
      Last edited by Al T.; 01-12-2003, 08:52 PM.

Comment

pic 4

Fits perfectly!! Now all it needs is a handle and some paint.
        Last edited by Al T.; 01-12-2003, 08:54 PM.

Comment

pic 5

Here's a shot of the smoker portion and my big fat finger in the lens.
          Last edited by Al T.; 01-12-2003, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Nice stand Al. That looks like it will outlast the grill.
            Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
            The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

Thanks Arbo,
              What are you doing up so late?

I was updating all my messages when I seen that you posted. Hope you had a good weekend!

Comment

Here's a picture of my wife and I with a good friend Donald Easterday, who puts on the Trolley days Festival in Myersville MD.

We get out quite a bit since I got my wheels, I can out run my wife now.

Comment

stand

Al, nice work on the stand. How big is your shop? Looks pretty big from the pictures you post. My shop is a 2 car garage and is shared with my woodworking tools which makes indoor welding a problem. I am almost through re doing the layout so that I can do more inside the shop.

Comment

Nice stand Al. Your neighbor owes you several barbeque invites!The lift looks like it works great for a project like this.

Comment

Al,

I'm a night owl! I usually check the board just before hitting the rack. The weekend was good. We went to the PA farm show on Saturday. I got pushed around by thousands of people all day long. Now I know why my old man never took me there when I was a kid. I was disappointed to see that there was only one vendor there with a welder. And...That was a Century...Yuck! I thought maybe I would check out some new technology. You would think that the welding industry would cater to the farmers more...Oh well.
                      Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
                      The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

HI AL T............YES NICE STAND AND I HOPE YOU GET ALL KINDS OF INVITES TO EAT............... WHO PAINTED THAT RASCAL?????????

ARBO.........WE DO ATTEND A LOT OF FARM SHOWS, DON'T KNOW WHY WE MISSED THIS ONE, PRIOR COMITMENTS, NO FREE TRUCKS (DUE TO PRIOR COMITMENTS), NO DISTRIBUTORS IN THE AREA TOLD US ABOUT IT?????..........CAN'T ANSWER THAT ONE..... CONSIDER THIS THE NEXT TIME THERE IS A LARGE EVENT IN YOUR AREA E-MAIL ME DIRECT HERE, OR E-MAIL ME DIRECT AT MILLER. KEEP IN MIND WE NEED MORE THAN A 2 WEEK NOTICE TO SCHEDULE VEHICLES..........BE IT TRACTOR TRAILORS, OR WITH THE LOCAL WELDING DISTRIBUTOR (S)...........

ACTUALLY EVERYONE START SHOOTING ME E-MAILS FOR EVENTS IN YOUR AREA.............SOMEPLACE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE US MILLER/HOBART............EITHER ONE OF US OR BOTH OF US. I THINK A 6 WEEK PRIOR NOTICE WILL WORK................(I HOPE IF NOT, I'M IN TROUBLE ON THE 6 WEEK NOTICE I WILL ADVISE),... SHALL WE DO THAT..............I DON'T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ONES WE MILLER/HOBART CURRENTLY ATTEND. JUST THE ONES YOU'VE NEVER SEEN US AT.............WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK? WHAT IS NEEDED IS THE NAME OF THE EVENT, WHO TO CONTACT FOR SPACE, WHO THE LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR IN THE AREA IS, AND WHAT STATE IT IS IN.............YES ALL 50 STATES WE DO HAWAII WITH GASPRO............................AS MUCH INFO AS IS KNOWN..............

THE REST IS UP TO THE GROUP NOW. ME I'LL FORWARD TO APROPRIATE FOLKS....................

Comment

Cope,
                          My shop is the basement of our rancher, 36 by 48. I use about 3/4 of it. Before we built it my wife and I agreed the basement is mine. I still seem to be short of room somehow, I guess I buy too many toys.

Comment

Thanks Guys, I'm glad you like it. My skill is increasing with every project, I weld in the horizontal postion whenever possible now and it makes a big difference.

Thanks Rock!
                            The barbe was already painted, I just need to paint the stand and it'll be done. I wanted to show it before the paint covers up the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Al T.
                              Here's a picture of my wife and I with a good friend Donald Easterday, who puts on the Trolley days Festival in Myersville MD.
                              you guys like popcorn Al ?

- jack

Comment

Working...
                              X