picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    That's a beautiful job of coping pipe! It's getting to be a lost art, any more what with the prefabbed fittings they have now.
    I'm glad to see that there are schools that teach this craft!

Leave a comment:

• CPB
    replied
    My wife says it looks like a bomb. hahaha. Nobody has turned me into the police yet for having it in my front yard so I guess I might keep it there for a while longer just to see how long I can get away with it.
    CPB

Leave a comment:

• CPB
    replied
    Here is another view. Thats my home address numbers. I've got a 2 foot rod under the plate sticking into the ground to keep it in place.

Leave a comment:

• CPB
    replied
    Main,
    Here is a pic using Meesoft I really do like it because it is really simple to use. here is something I made in school.
    CPB

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: ACDSee

Originally posted by Dave Haak
    CPB,

Yup. It works. What is it? There must be a story here? Did you use the ACDSee 5.0? Sometimes I have too much software. So many programs for managing images, but to do all that I'd like to do, I can't do it with just one!! I have ACDSee 3.1 but do not see the optimize feature, probably because it's not there.

Dave
    Dave it's an add in program. Click on edit...the tool bar pops up and it should be there if you have it.

No you can't draw with it or add text...I use Adobe Photoshop Elements for that.

Leave a comment:

• Main
    replied
    Gentleman
    Thanks to all that provided information on this subject.

CPB
    Have you tried the meesoft yet? If so how do you like it.

Leave a comment:

• CPB
    replied
    Success!!!

Thanks Rocky D, and all you other guys too! I didn't use the same optimizer you sugested because unless I just didn't look close enough there seemed to be only a trial version. I really hate those trial version programs so I looked into this freeware website.
    We have a huge amout of great links. We have different categories like geames, news and clothes. Try it

Then I found http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/
    Through that I downloaded the 'Image Analyzer'
    Try it, its free.
    CPB

Leave a comment:

• Dave Haak
    replied
    ACDSee

CPB,

Yup. It works. What is it? There must be a story here? Did you use the ACDSee 5.0? Sometimes I have too much software. So many programs for managing images, but to do all that I'd like to do, I can't do it with just one!! I have ACDSee 3.1 but do not see the optimize feature, probably because it's not there.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• CPB
    replied
    optimized down to 75 kb

Let's see if this works.
    CPB

Leave a comment:

• Dave Haak
    replied
    ACDSEE 5.0

Rocky D,

Can you add text, lines, etc. with this program?

Dave

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Rather than make the picture smaller, I "optimize" it with ACDSee's Real Optimizer program....what it does, is make your file size smaller, with out making your picture smaller, It will reduce the file size from over 100kb to around 55 0r 60kb. ACDSee 5.0 is the fastest photo manager on the planet, with lots of bells and whistles. I highly recommend it.

Check it out...

We apologize, but the page you're looking for has either moved or does not exist. Feeling a bit lost? Back to homepage Feeling adventurous? Try ACDSee today! VIEW ALL FREE TRIALS
    Last edited by Guest; 01-13-2003, 11:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Haak
    replied
    Pics

CPB & Main,

Under FILE/Properties: Check the resolution (pixels per inch) of your image. If you start out at 300 per inch and you want to reduce the file size, try 275, 250...just work your way down. Each time you change the resolution check the image size and the file size. I've been doing this with Windows Explorer. My OS is Wiindows 98. I've been shooting for a maximum dimension of 6" to 8". Somewhere in this range you get the "enlarge button" in the lower right hand corner of the image, after it's been posted. With the program I'm using, I have to make sure I "Save" after changes or things get unbalanced. I hope this helps. I'll bet just about everyone here has had most of these same problems.

One other thing: With what I described above, I quit taking lower resolution pics. It was a pain changing the camera's settings. Just shoot the higher resolution and make the changes with your PC.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Haak; 01-13-2003, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mowjunk
    replied
    Main, I use several programs that do it easily. If you have software that came with your camera, it usually can do it. Usually I go to "Image Size" or something similar. Change it a little at a time. For instance, if your picture is 6"x10", reduce it to 5.5". Usually the two are adjusted together automatically. If you change one dimension, the other changes automatically to keep the picture uniform. Then save it as a jpeg. If you have a chance to adjust the amount of compression the jpeg uses, increase the amount of compression to make the file smaller and then save it. Check the file size and repeat if necessary. If you need more information, email me and I will try to explain it better. Try to keep it as close to the 100kb limit as you can to retain the detail.

I hope this helps....There are different ways to do it and I'm sure that other members on the site have their favorite ways. I'm sure they will chime in to help you.

Leave a comment:

• Main
    replied
    Ok, so how do I get my file size down to 100kb. Even when I shoot pictures in the lowest resolution the file size is over 100kb. Somewhere between 125kb and 140kb. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mowjunk
    replied
    Just a thought....Make sure that your picture file is 100kb or smaller. Otherwise it won't post nor will it tell you it won't post.

Another thing is that you won't see it when you preview your message. Try again because we all like to see pictures here....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X