finally did a welding table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally did a welding table

I've seen several welding tables that I liked but most were too large for my shop. I liked the looks of Will's small table and it can double as a roll around work table also..

I've still got to add the gun holder and a handle on one end. And , this is before clean up and paint but it's already proving very useful..

Used 1.5" tubing for the legs and 1" for all the rest. The top is 11 gauge. Overall size is 24" wide by 36" long and 36" high. I planned on 32" high but forgot about the wheel height. Worked out well, I like it a little higher, I don't have to bend as much and my old back sure appreciates that . I don't do much heavy work, mostly parts for my truck project. If I have serious hammer work I go to my outside table ...3/8" top and heavy legs and a 6" vice mounted there. The lighter weight of this one makes it a little easier to move and definately more mobile...

thanks Will for the plans, I enjoyed stealing them from you.. And thanks Hobart and guys for this great site...

John
    My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Nice job on the table - extra bonus points for using the expanded metal for the lower shelves. When I needed >>more<< storage space for cut-offs and shorts, I gutted the bottom of the wooden shop bench & used A/I with exp. metal decking...3 shelves is still not enough Have a good weekend
    J.A. Swann

Arc Welder
    O/A Torch
    Bandsaw
    A (retired) Chop Saw
    A Few Hand Tools
    Some Power Tools
    Compressed Air
    Metal lathe
    Etc...

Comment

Re: finally did a welding table

Originally posted by jniolon
      I've seen several welding tables that I liked but most were too large for my shop. I liked the looks of Will's small table and it can double as a roll around work table also..

I've still got to add the gun holder and a handle on one end. And , this is before clean up and paint but it's already proving very useful..

Used 1.5" tubing for the legs and 1" for all the rest. The top is 11 gauge. Overall size is 24" wide by 36" long and 36" high. I planned on 32" high but forgot about the wheel height. Worked out well, I like it a little higher, I don't have to bend as much and my old back sure appreciates that . I don't do much heavy work, mostly parts for my truck project. If I have serious hammer work I go to my outside table ...3/8" top and heavy legs and a 6" vice mounted there. The lighter weight of this one makes it a little easier to move and definately more mobile...

thanks Will for the plans, I enjoyed stealing them from you.. And thanks Hobart and guys for this great site...

John
      Hey looks great. Wills table works very well. I have been there and seen it personally. I made mine 52 by 38. The actual welding top is only 22 by 52 and the rest is set up for torch cutting. After building this it is actually a little to large for my work area but should work well when we move back out to the country and I have bigger work area. I still need to buy the 1/4 inch plate for the welding top and the spread steel for the lower shelf to complete it. After spending way to much money this last week on a different welder and bandsaw I need to wait a week or so to pick up the rest. As it is right now I can use the area set up for welding. The removable cutting grid is finished.

Bob
      Last edited by deere_x475guy; 12-27-2002, 07:43 AM.
      Short Term Memory GONE!!
      Hobby Weldor/Machinist
      Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

John,
        Very nice table! Other than the rounded corners on the top (good idea), it looks like a twin to mine. You will get a lot of use out of that table. I wanted mine to be strong enough to hold anything I could lift up a put on it. It has not let me down yet. It would be nice if my table was a bit bigger, but I have a lot of other stuff to fit in the barn too!

Will

Comment

Working...
        X