New Member, project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, project

I've been lurking here for a few months, find myself checking the board daily, so I figured I'd register as a user.

Great info here for a beginning welder like myself. I bought a "red" welder (forgive me) to do some bodywork on my '67 Pontiac Lemans. I've been teaching myself with the help of books and websites like this one.

Here's some of my progess so far. Warning: I'm not a bodyman nor a weldor, all of my expertise is in engine building, etc. so don't be too harsh on me

Floor Pan Replacement

P455,

Very nice write up and photos. Thank You.
    Is that a 455 Rocket?

Bob

Comment

P455,
      You've got a good project ahead of you. Nice job so far, let us know when you have further updates!
      It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

P455, nice job!
        Reading your post took me back afew years, I had a '67 lemans convertible that I did a rebuild on. I had a 326 v-8 in it originally then I found a good 455, and put that in.
        I think I bought every thing that Whitney sold for that car, it was like christmas every week, when the mail man showed up with something else for the car.
        I wish I could find some photos for you, somewhere they are buried in a pile of stuff that I had intended to get organized-oh well.
        work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Thanks guys...

I'm now finished with the driver's side front pan as well, and the 2 rear pans are going to be really easy, there's only like a 14"x14" area in each that will be replaced, then I'll seal and POR the entire interior floor, put down some spray-on sound deadener, pad and carpet, then I can put my interior back together.

The drivetrain is what I've concentrated on for the past couple of years, it's got a built Pontiac 455 with ported heads, Ram Air III cam, headers, etc. Now I need to make it look as good as it runs. I'll update the page with further progress and pics pretty soon.

Mike

Comment

P455 Mike, your web site is great and you have done an excellent job of documenting it! The floor pan you installed was done as professionally and any I've seen....super job! POR15 and excellant choice, too...that whole car will disintegrate before the floor pans will!! Keep us informed on your progress!! It's great!

Comment

I updated the page with some more pictures and progress. About to start putting the carpet padding and carpet in tomorrow, if I get time.

Floor pan replacement

Scroll to the bottom for the newest pics.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by P455
                I updated the page with some more pictures and progress. About to start putting the carpet padding and carpet in tomorrow, if I get time.

Floor pan replacement

Scroll to the bottom for the newest pics.

Mike
                Super job! Too bad it's going to be under the floor mats where nobody could see it!

What equipment did you use to spray on the coatings?

Comment

Rocky:

I just used the rattle-can spray stuff from 3M... it went on OK. I don't know if they make stuff you can spray from a regular paint gun and didn't want to have to buy a special gun for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X