43' steel sailboat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43' steel sailboat

Here is great website just found that shows day by day building process.

http://www.sandyscb.com/sail1.htm

Nice job done by those two , I do believe they may get this boat on the water.
    A guy not to far from me started building a boat this size nearly 30 years ago, he worked on it for about 6 years, got it almost done then his wife died. Boat sat for about 15 years till he died, boat got torched to pieces after the estate sale, as nobody wanted it.
    work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

With the hull completed they are 1/3 to completed boat. At least now they can work year round on it.

I posted the link not only because of metal content but best web site I have seen of that type. Each page loads fast with my slow modem and clearly documents process. Throughout a real upbeat attatude is present that is needed to complete such a big project.

Your right too many big boat projects never get launched.

Comment

Ed, that sounds like you are describing my building in Western Pa. I have had numerous people stop and tell me about the gigantic steel boat that was constructed in my driveway back in the seventies. No one really knows what happened to it, we do know that the owner of this placed passed away.
        Respectfully,
        Mike Sherman
        Shermans Welding

Comment

That's quite an ambitious project and appears to be coming out quite well. I hate to sound sexist but that's quite an impressive home project for anyone much less two women my hats off to them.

- jack

Comment

I missed they were both ladies untill midway through 2nd summer.
            Last edited by Roger; 12-06-2002, 01:21 PM.

Comment

They're up to day 140 now, have the hull turned right side up and most of the decking done.
              whodat
              HH175, Weldpac100, Craftsman AC/DC 230a Stick, and lots of metal crap stuck together

Comment

AH....... I also looked at it and it is a nice project......... I am impressed also............. Would like to see them get it into the water.................................Have some fun now..........Rock....
                [email protected]

Comment

they must be on vacation
                  My politically correct no advertising/no ethnicity bashing/no shoving my religious(or lack thereof) beliefs down your throat moderator approved signature. For further info on making your own sig, subscribe to my secret yahpp gropu with over 300 members for $9.95

Comment

Last I checked they were up to day 148
                    http://www.sandyscb.com/day148.htm

They are getting lots of work done on the windows.
                    Scott Schering
                    http://www.pontiacs.org

Comment

They are up to day 149 now, and have pictures of more of the whole ship, neat!
                      Thanks
                      Gary Wolboldt

Comment

Wow! That's a very impressive project. Nice Blue welder too!
                        Millermatic 135

Comment

they have a blue plasma cutter also.

Comment

Awhile back I wrote to them and asked what they were using..

The MIG is a Miller 250 and the plasma cutter is a Thermal Dynamics Pakmaster 50 XL.
                            Scott Schering
                            http://www.pontiacs.org

Comment

the plasma cutter is a Thermal Dynamics Pakmaster 50 XL.
                              I guess my assumption that it was a miller plasma cutter was wrong.

- jack

Comment

Working...
                              X