Some work from a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some work from a new member

Hello, I recently found this forum whilst looking for some info on Hobart/Miller equipment. Let me say that this is ONE DANGEROUS PLACE!!!

I've taken some time to read back over the last month or so of posts and my project list has already grown. I look forward to many future conversations and ideas to be learned.

A little about me: I'm a self-taught hobbist-welder, always looking to improve my meager skills. So far I've mainly worked with flux-core, MIG is next. My main interest is in off road vehicles and a majority of what I build is focused there, or as infrastructure for my home shop to support 2 Jeeps.

A majority of my fabrication experience is in roll-cages/tube-work, many of which you can see here:

http://www.printroom.com/pictureSear...rid=bluesman2a

My latest two projects are a mount and hydraulic ram for my rubing bender:

and a simple welding/plasma cart (OK, so the welder isn't a Hobart, but there is one on the Christmas list!)
    It's all fun and games until somebody gets shot in the leg. -- Armageddon

Bender???

Is that a JD2 bender? If so how do you like it and is it holding up well? If it's not a JD2, what is it and is it how do you like it and is it holding up well?

Hopefully a bender is in my future and have been looking at the JD2.

Slick little welder table, everything seems to be really handy to get to. Wish I'de have seen it before I built mine.
    Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Comment

Yep, that's a JD2/M3.

So far it's been holding up well. We just finished the 9th roll-cage with it this weekend. I definitely like the portability of the ram setup vs. the manual.

There are some fine-tuning items I will have to take care of, but overall, I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Bluesman,
        Good to see a local boy on this board, there seems to be a bunch of'em from Alabama.
        I think we've met before, aren't you a friend of Pat Callahan's?
        I work with Pat, four wheel a bit in the office.
        I've got a JD2 also, good piece of equipment.
        Later,
        Mike Pado

Comment

Hey Mike,

Small world.... Yeah, I know Pat, he was over at the house this weekend for the fabrication-fest.

I think we've met before... You're one of the Toyota guys, right?

Comment

Bluesman,
            Toyota.
            Nah, close but with more class, Land Rover (I didn't say it was higher class).
            You'll like this board, these guys do some beautiful work.
            Later,
            Mike Pado

Comment

Working...
            X