• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what I have already
    Steel-$283.50
    3500Lbs Axle and springs-$160
    Class III hitch-$20
    Tires and rims I got for $40 (used of course for that price)
    Lights and wire is stuff I have sitting around from other projects.
    So I think I'll be pretty close to that mark, I hope anyways :-)

Comment

you'll need fenders, license plate holder with lamp, metal prep, primer, top coat.... you going with auto paint or cheap enamel?

I put a reverse lamp on mine, invaluable when backing into a space in the dark - hooked up to the reverse pinout on the trailer connector. works great.

you'll want to consider where your d-rings go, and get 10k straps that clip into those nicely and don't drag on the paint job.

trailers in the USA need to have that 3 lamp clearance light across the back, don't know what Canada specs....

those tires rated for the weight you're carrying? usually only want "trailer tires" on a trailer...
      HH190
      Hypertherm 380

Comment

So trailer is all done. I ended up finding a drop axle on sale that I didn't need to cut. Spent $100 over my $500 figure, so not to bad.Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-01 13.41.49.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	665631Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-09 16.41.51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	665632

Comment

Originally posted by bug_n_67 View Post
          So trailer is all done. I ended up finding a drop axle on sale that I didn't need to cut. Spent $100 over my $500 figure, so not to bad.[ATTACH]36237[/ATTACH][ATTACH]36238[/ATTACH]
          To preserve show quality on your VW, you need to fill the insides of those fenders.

Comment

I joined this site just to compliment Bug_N-67's 9 year old post: GREAT job on the trailer for your bug! I've been scouring the classified both FB Mktplace and CL looking for something similar for our 1949 Beetle. Would love one like yours!

Comment

Working...
            X