Welding cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding cart

The new mig set up I just bought came with a very limited cart. Here it is. I will be modifiying this to a more use able cart.
    Short Term Memory GONE!!
    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
    Photobucket Shop Pics

hmmm....didn't show my upload of the pic....any idea what I did wrong?

The subject line says it all....
    Short Term Memory GONE!!
    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
    Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

maybe this will work

I reduced the file size and changed to png....hope this works
      Short Term Memory GONE!!
      Hobby Weldor/Machinist
      Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

first step was to widen

Ok...the first thing I needed to do was widen the stand. I used 2x2x1/8 inch angle to do this.
        Short Term Memory GONE!!
        Hobby Weldor/Machinist
        Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

how some of my first welds turned out

This is what my welds are looking like. I need to work on this some. Any suggestions are appreciated. I am using flux core .035 wire.
          Short Term Memory GONE!!
          Hobby Weldor/Machinist
          Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

will post more later

Ok..I have a few more pics to upload but I have to leave for the day. Would appreciate any input from you guys. I am really looking forward to getting back home this eve so I can have some more fun.

Have a great day everyone.
            Short Term Memory GONE!!
            Hobby Weldor/Machinist
            Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

In the spirt of the day, and since your from Lansing, MI!!!

GO BUCKS, SCREW BLUE!!!!!

HEHE, any way the cart looks great so far, cant wait to see when its done. Keep sending pics, and dont forget to chree for OSU!!!
              Thanks
              Gary Wolboldt

Comment

HEHE, any way the cart looks great so far, cant wait to see when its done. Keep sending pics, and dont forget to chree for OSU!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

OSU

OSU

OSU

OSU

RAW RAW RAW
                OMS
                HH175
                Red Tomstone W/ HF for TIG
                Old Miller Engine Driven 225 Amp AC Stick Welder
                Smith O/A X 2
                Harris O/A
                BridgePort
                MSC cut off BandSaw 6X12"
                And more!
                Shop Mechanic for Brinks Coin

Comment

Thanks guys...

Ouch....Penn sure whooped State today. (not a big surprise but...gosh what a slaughter!!!).

I made a little more progress today and here is the latest pic.

I should be able to play most of the day tomorrow so hopefully I will have it ready for the trays. Then finish it up next week sometime.
                  Short Term Memory GONE!!
                  Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                  Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Re: how some of my first welds turned out

Originally posted by deere_x475guy
                    This is what my welds are looking like. I need to work on this some. Any suggestions are appreciated. I am using flux core .035 wire.
                    The pictures are kinda small, Bob but from what i can see, not knowing the angle which it was shot, your weld appears too high...that is, you need to go a little faster with your travel, or maybe it's too cool, and you would need to boost the voltage a bit.

Try to make your pictures 640 x 480 and 'optimize' them. I take any picture over 102,400 pixels and just optimize them with ACDSee's optimizer program addin, which reduces the file size 50%.

Comment

Welcome to the frustration of posting pictures. This too gets better with practice.

Looking at the weld, I think a light just went on for me. Many of the bead pix posted by the masters have overlaid travel path drawings; often a slight back and forth across the seam with a pause on each side. Just got the picture that the motion makes sure you are getting good melting on both halves. With a stright run you can get melting on one side and cold lap on the other; can look OK but not strong.

Bob

Comment

welds

Guys thanks for the feed back on the welds and the pic's. I was just running a straight line rather than what I did with stick welding (weaving back and forth).

Rocky...so you say I should also be going a little faster...to get the weld to lay flatter? Ok...I will try that this afternoon...

Gotta love this internet....it's just so easy to get in touch with the people that can really help....THANKS all..
                        Short Term Memory GONE!!
                        Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                        Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Re: welds

Guys thanks for the feed back on the welds and the pic's. I was just running a straight line rather than what I did with stick welding (weaving back and forth).

Rocky...so you say I should also be going a little faster...to get the weld to lay flatter? Ok...I will try that this afternoon...

Gotta love this internet....it's just so easy to get in touch with the people that can really help....THANKS all..
                          Bob,

You are running a fluxcore wire, which should mean that you are pulling the weld bead. Pulling the weld bead makes the weld bead want to pile up and be narrow. So except for thin sheetmetal you should be using a side to side weave to help flatten out the weld bead. The side to side motion also helps create a more consistent depth of penetration across the width of the weld bead.
                          MigMaster 250- Smooth arc with a good touch of softness to it. Good weld puddle wetout. Light spatter producer.
                          Ironman 230 - Soft arc with a touch of agressiveness to it. Very good weld puddle wet out. Light spatter producer.

PM 180C

HH 125 EZ - impressive little fluxcore only unit

Comment

Thanks Dan

Thanks Dan, that helped to clear things up abit. I take it then when I start using the mig set up I just use a straight line. Or do I still weave?

I have most of the cart done and as soon as I finish eating I will optimize and size as Rock suggested and upload...

Cheers..
                            Short Term Memory GONE!!
                            Hobby Weldor/Machinist
                            Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Re: Thanks Dan

Thanks Dan, that helped to clear things up abit. I take it then when I start using the mig set up I just use a straight line. Or do I still weave?

I have most of the cart done and as soon as I finish eating I will optimize and size as Rock suggested and upload...

Cheers..
                              Hi Bob,
                              I would say weave...but do a search on 'weave' and you'll find some interesting stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X