Hello from a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new member

Hi everyone, just got back into welding. I have an old stick welder that I bought 25 years ago to make repairs when I hauled iron across Michigan with a flat bed trailer. I got out of the business after my daughters were born and hadn't done any welding for the past 20 years. I just purchased a mig set up and am in the process of doing my first project (a cart for my new baby of course)

I am really glad I found this message board. In just the week I have been around I have picked up alot of great tips and ideas. Dan's bending break will be on list of things I want to do. I will post my progress for the cart in another message. For now I just wanted to say HI...

Bob
    Web Developer.
    Short Term Memory GONE!!
    Hobby Weldor/Machinist
    Photobucket Shop Pics

Welcome Bob,

I am also Bob, and also recently back into welding ... as a hobby. I have yet to start my cart but I am thinking about it: Gas bottles (pure argon and C25) beside the welder. Bottom deck to hold small leftover scrap steel angle, straps, and such. Pull out self for "stuff", probably a drawer for more "stuff". A corner behind the gas bottles to hold 3-6 ft. lengths of steel stock upright in vertical bins. Last maybe a raisable post to hold my 500W halogen lamp that help to see more than just the arc.

Bob

Comment

Hey

Great name Bob..

I think I need to the halogen route myself. I just can't see as well as I use to. The cart itself for my welder is going to be somewhat on the light side. My next project will be a welding table. This welding on my knees and bending over I am just to old for anymore. My welding cart should be done next week then I plan on building the table. My space is limited so I need to keep the sizes down.

Have a great weekend....

Bob
      Short Term Memory GONE!!
      Hobby Weldor/Machinist
      Photobucket Shop Pics

Comment

Re: Hey

Originally posted by deere_x475guy
        Great name Bob..

I think I need to the halogen route myself. I just can't see as well as I use to. The cart itself for my welder is going to be somewhat on the light side. My next project will be a welding table. This welding on my knees and bending over I am just to old for anymore. My welding cart should be done next week then I plan on building the table. My space is limited so I need to keep the sizes down.

Have a great weekend....

Bob
        Welcome to the forum, Bob, glad to have you. sounds like you're going to be quite busy welding...I hope you can post some pictures for us.

Comment

Working...
        X