more welder carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more welder carts

well... here's another idea.. I had too much stuff sitting on the floor and always needing to move to somewhere else... here's what I came up with

4' long 2' wide and 5' high made from 1' square tubing and 11 gauge sheet. Holds my big ole honkin plasmark cutter on the bottom.... (makes good balast) and my wire and stick machine on top...

plenty of room for junk piling...err tool storage... and rolls easily on 5" casters..

it sits right inside the garage door with the welder outlet and air coupling on wall next to it..

all the material was scavenged from work except casters... so cost was minimal

john
    My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

another view

the other side

Comment

and finally

the last shot

Comment

I like your idea of recessing the tank into the self, makes for more storage room around and on top of the tank.
        Good Job!
        It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

John,
          That is a really slick way to layout the equipment. For those of us that have to make the most out of limited space vertical is the way to go. Gotta agree with Al, recessing the bottle is a neat idea and looks very secure.
          Good one,
          Later,
          Mike Pado

Comment

Top heavy?

Is your cart tippy? looks a little top heavy in the photos. The 2 foot width seems a little narrow for a portable cart thats 5.5 feet tall. Just wondering, Ron
            Ronald 1

Comment

top heavy

Ron,

not at all top heavy... the plasma cutter on the bottom weight over 200 # and is ample ballast.. I push and pull it around by the upper part of the legs all the time and it is very stable..

john

Comment

Working...
              X