The old ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old ride

This is the old bike. I used to like it alot, now it just sits there in the garage, next to the new bike, waiting for someone to buy it. I was going to post some pictures of some of the latest projects going on around here, but none of them are very interesting. So I put this up instead.
    Respectfully,
    Mike Sherman
    Shermans Welding

Russel, that bike has 16,600 miles on it. No kidding. It is only two years old.
    Respectfully,
    Mike Sherman
    Shermans Welding

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sherman
      Russel, that bike has 16,600 miles on it. No kidding. It is only two years old.
      Mike, how do you get that mileage on a 2 year old bike, when you can only ride it six months out of the year? (come to CA)

Comment

It just takes a little bit of dedication. You know what the sad thing is, this time of year it is really hard to sell a motorcycle around here. I put an add in the paper "For sale $5500.00 or trade for a 4 wheel drive w/plow" I got two calls. And they didn't have the money or a trade worth looking at. One guy wanted to trade a 1974 International Cub tractor for it. I might trade it for a tractor or even a welder, but it will have to be just a little newer than that. I'll probably have to keep it until spring, then people will trip over themselves to buy it. Talk to you later.
        Last edited by Mike Sherman; 11-20-2002, 02:16 PM.
        Respectfully,
        Mike Sherman
        Shermans Welding

Comment

It can be the right time of year, or the wrong time of year. It all depends on which end you are on. If you are in a rush to sell it, which I don't think you are, that is usually when the best deal is to be had from a buyers perspective. I bought a like new sled this summer, in July with 100+ degree heat (no joke), and paid $1600 for it. It lists for $3100 (seems high at that to me, but that is what KBB says). That list price didn't include the low miles (only 2800), the new long track kit, new powder skis, carbides, upraded windshield......... Now is the time of year when I shop for my summer toys. (I'm looking for a used pontoon boat for a huge project idea) Anyway, I first have to finish my sled trailer. Good luck selling the bike though, looks clean and "unabused."

Slagman

Comment

That's a nice sled. It would look better with some snow under it though.
            Respectfully,
            Mike Sherman
            Shermans Welding

Comment

When I lived in San Diego would put 300 to 500 miles a week on my BMW R60 motorcycle without leaving metro area. It was only 600 CC putting out 30 HP.
              Once drove to El Centro with 305 Honda that had 32 HP but mine could pull away anytime with passenger that the Honda didn't carry. Rode nicer too.

Biggest difference between Harleys and Hondas has always been resale value.

Had a mother in-law (machinist) that worked at Rohr, same place new name Rocky D is at now. She worked there from WW2 until about 72 when they were building BART cars in Mexico then bringing them back to Chula Vista to fix all the problems.

Comment

The Harley has a better transmission and the ride is comparable to a Cadillac. It is real hard to compare the two, being the Harley is a touring bike and the Honda is not. The Honda is a very technologically advanced motorcyle and in that area I believe it is second to none. But I can tell you there is nothing, I mean nothing in this world to compare to riding that Harley down the road. It is nowhere near the as powerful as the Goldwing or even a BMW and the motor has some vibration that you won't get with the other bikes (I think it is intentional) I don't think you will get the longevity out of an air cooled motor that Honda get's from it's water cooled ones. But I would never trade my Harley for another bike. Sorry, I can't explain it. A rather infamous Harley saying goes like this, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand".
                Last edited by Mike Sherman; 11-25-2002, 06:19 AM.
                Respectfully,
                Mike Sherman
                Shermans Welding

Comment

Welding?

What did you weld on the bike? Ron
                  Ronald 1

Comment

Working...
                  X