Welding/Work Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding/Work Table

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and have enjoyed it and learned a bit at the same time. Thanks for that.
    I thought I'd post a few photos of the welding/work table I built a few years ago. The legs and base are recycled (FREE) from a huge satelite dish mount. They are heavily galvenized and 1/4 wall. The top is 5/8 steel plate also recycled but I had to buy it.
    I like to work outside anytime the weather permits so the table is equiped with wheels on one end and a hitch for a floor jack on the other (If you look at the photos it'll make sense). I'll guess the weight at 450 lbs.
    I'm new to the digital camera post photos on the internet think so I hope this works.
    Feel free to critisize, comment, copy whatever.

Mike Pado

Here's another.

Comment

And another.

Comment

And the last.

Comment

This was supposed to be the first one.

Comment

Geez, ya'll are going to run me off on my first day. Here's another.

Comment

Originally posted by d110pickup
              Geez, ya'll are going to run me off on my first day. Here's another.
              Naw, we won't run ya off...new ideas is what this forum is all about!

Man, that's one table the wind won't blow away! Did ya get sick welding all that galvo?

Good job!

Comment

No, I ground it off at the mating surfaces and was careful to be out of the smoke. Just in case.
                As far the wind not blowing it away....let's just say I'm fond of overkill in most of my projects.
                Mike Pado

Comment

We won't run ya off today, we'll wait til tomorrow. That's a great table, I'm working on mine right now. I should finish it by next week sometime. How about showing me some pics of that Landrover...COOL
                  Arbo & Thor (The Junkyard Dog)
                  The Next Loud Noise You Hear Is Me!

Comment

Nice table! I like the jack saddle, always a nice way to move things around

Comment

Arbo/Thor
                      I don't have any photos of that one handy but I'll tell you it's a 110 Defender pickup. Full lenght soft top, V8 with a five speed, ex British military but it was used in Germany so it's a left hand.
                      Thanks for the kind comments on the table.

Mike Pado

Comment

Cool, another wheeler!

I like the table! BEEFY!

Chris

Comment

d110,

Is it OK to call you d110 for short?

Nice beefy table. I think Rocky D was in my head, I was mentally composing a response about not blowing around in the wind ... then I read his reply ... spooky.

I think my scrap pile is, well, you know, undersized compared to most. I wonder if any of those spam emails about enlargement will help my scrap pile.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                            d110,

Is it OK to call you d110 for short?

Nice beefy table. I think Rocky D was in my head, I was mentally composing a response about not blowing around in the wind ... then I read his reply ... spooky.

I think my scrap pile is, well, you know, undersized compared to most. I wonder if any of those spam emails about enlargement will help my scrap pile.

Bob
                            Guess I better turn my amperage down, huh, Bob.

Comment

Working...
                            X