Wheel chocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel chocks

This morning I made some wheel chocks for the casters on the stand I made for my HF bandsaw. As Morpheus Correctly noticed The casters are HF's three dollar finest, without locks.
    I've still got to prime and paint them. I tried them on my sloping driveway, and the saw didn't roll.
    The new stand is high enough that I can use the support stands I bought years ago for my tablesaw.

Jim
    Last edited by Fla Jim; 12-11-2003, 11:39 AM.
    Jim
    From the depths of the"Magic Garage"

In place on the stand
    Jim

Comment

Are those attached to the wheels.
      I would like to make some for my welding table that would attach to the casters so I could lock or unlock em. I tried to get lockable casters when I bought them but they didn't have them and I was in a hurry.
      Mike

Comment

They just slide into place, and keep the wheels from rolling in either direction kind of like aircraft chocks.

Jim
        Jim

Comment

looks good Jim ! I'll make me a set and see how they work.

How about a close up of the stand that holds your mig gun ...

- jack

Comment

Clever placement of the mug and grinder....

I "sketched" and posted the chocks we use at work on your other thread. They seem to work well too. But I like yours better, as the inverted-angle just looks cool!
            Proud Owner of the MM251 and Spectrum 375 Cutmate

Comment

Jack;
              The magnetic Mig gun holder is another of HF's finest. #3642, about 5 bucks. It's really handy. I think I spend half my life looking where I set things down.

Aaron 2.0;
              Actually the grinder was there. But I must confess I did pose the Miller coffee cup to get some comments. I have enough iron in my diet without having it in my coffee too .

Jim
              Jim

Comment

that's from HF ... I can't believe I missed it

does it come with the magnet ?

I agree that your pic looks like an ad for Miller, Ridgid, and Stanley

Comment

Yep it comes with the magnet base.
                  Don't forget Harbor freight too

Jim
                  Jim

Comment

Oh no, definitely didn't forget HF! I'm working on getting "sponsored" ... If I just had a race car or work truck to put the HF stickers on. Don't think my workbench or welding cart will be quite the kind of exposure that HF is looking for

- jack
                    Last edited by morpheus; 12-11-2003, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I would be scared the "HF stickers would be like their manuals; photo copies of poor english translations

jim
                      Jim

Comment

I try to go at odd hours so people don't recognize me.

this one time, I was parking my suzuki samurai ****box, and this guy rolls up in a hummer. I follow him into the hf store and he's standing there in his designer polo and chamoflaged shorts looking at the sale flyer. What a yuppie. After buying that $40,000+ pos h2 he's concerned about paying $2 too much for whatever hf sells?

i'm done laughing now
                        T/A 185

Comment

He was probably buying gifts for his friends.
                          IDEALARC 250
                          HH 135
                          Spectrum 375

Comment

Originally posted by dsergison
                            After buying that $40,000+ pos h2 he's concerned about paying $2 too much for whatever hf sells?[/B]
                            He may have been rich at some point, but at 10MPG street and 11 on the highway, he's probably reduced to HF sale shopping just to feed that bloated/useless pig...
                            It's all fun and games until somebody gets shot in the leg. -- Armageddon

Comment

Originally posted by Fla Jim
                              I would be scared the "HF stickers would be like their manuals; photo copies of poor english translations
                              I can just visualize a HF "sticker" now. It would be an off center and out of focus photcopy of the mis-spelled original that itself was a photcopy of a photocopy so it's not real "sharp" looking. It wouldn't actually be a sticker either. Just a piece of paper to cut out and one (1) strip of clear tape to adhere it with

Comment

Working...
                              X