and yet another plasma buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and yet another plasma buggy

here is a quick pic of the plasma buggy I built. I still need to buy and mount an air line drier to it. the main frame is 1-3/4 x .120 round tube that I bent with my JD2 bender, and the spreaders are 1-1/2 angle. Both shelves are made from .125 Aluminum. Before I put the plasma on it, I sat my 300# self on the back of the top shelf, and didn't bend or break it, so I'm hoping that it can support the palsma cutter ok...

Just thought I'd post up one of my projects...

Next in line for me is to finish the hydraulic conversion on my bender, and then start in on my next Jeep project. I think Morpheous and Bluesman would appreciate it.. A from scratch Jeep scrambler type off road machine.... If anyone is interested, I can post up some pics of the last one I helped a friend build from scratch. His isn't done yet, but the main chassis and axles are completed, waiting on him to acquire more fundage from his chief financial officer
    I'm an engineer. Why leave it alone when I can REALLY screw it up?

hey chum ??? no picture ?

??????

john
    My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Comment

for some reason I suffered a dfo error.... let's try this one.

Comment

what is going to go on the lower shelf? it sure does look top heavy for rolling around much.

- jack

Comment

nothing is slated for the bottom shelf just yet.... as for being top heavy, it is pretty stable, and actually very light. surprisingly un-tippy for its looks.

Comment

Just my opinion, but it looks like you might want to put some weight on the bottom. I like the bent tubing on the lower frame...
            Happy & Safe Welding.......Scott
            HH135
            Miller Auto Arc XLT 270

Comment

Working...
            X