I thought it would be handy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it would be handy...

This is my handy-dandy Handler 175. I mounted it on an old roll around tool box which I mounted on the frame I built. The idea was to help me stay organized...it kinda worked.
    Some drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Great idea, and looks good too!
    It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

Thanks...a splash of paint would probably help it out a bit.
      Future plans for the cart include wiring it so that I can plug grinders and drills etc...into an outlet mounted on the tool box somewhere.
      Here's the backside view.

Comment

That was an idea I was kicking around too, to add my angle grinders to my cart. Now I have to make an extension cord that carries 110vac and 220vac to my cart. Fun fun fun.

Maybe I'll cheat and tie wrap a 110vac ext cord to the 220 that I already have. Its easier. I'll take a picture when that's done.

See Ya

Comment

How about making the 220 extension cord and attatching to a box on the cart, then split the 220 into seperate 110 circuts with breakers and outlets.

No extra wires to drag around.

the odds of you grinding AND welding at the same time are pretty slim.

Just a thought

Kevin

Comment

Thats exactly what I had in mind.
            I wish I could take credit for the wiring and tool box welder cart, but I don't have that knid of genius. I saw it in a Four Wheeler magazine and thought it looked like a great idea. When I get the wiring done, I think it'll be handier yet.

Comment

I used something like that when I first got my mig welder I didn't like the fact that I didn't really have any place to wrap the cables so I went to my local hardware store and purchased a pan sort of aluminum or galvinized pan, like for feeding animals or draining oil into. I mounted it onto the back of the cabinet made it neat for wrapping the cables. I think the pan is about 20" in diamater. Later on I got a good deal on a close out on welding carts at Tractor Supply, again after I got it I didn't like the limited space to place the cables so I installed the pan to the side of the cart. It works nicely and even looks nice with the cart. I used a couple of pieces of 1/2" x 1/8' x 24" material and welded a few pieces of these together in a criss cross pattern to fasten between the back of the pan and the cart I painted these up so they help to make it look like something that was store bought.

Comment

is that a kubota tractor in the first pic?

SIR,
                is that an orange bucket in the background,
                on a kubota tractor, in the first pic?
                i have a L3000DT w/FEL.
                comments please.
                wlbrown

Comment

A garden hose holder will do a good job of holding hoses, cords, etc. I put one on the plasma-cutter cart I built. I have also seen a car/truck tire rim used to hold hoses.
                  Take care,
                  John

Comment

Blkvoodoo,
                    Spliting the 220vac into 2 110vac circuits. I could do that if I had a neutral wire. Right now its a 2 wire plus ground. I know I could use the ground wire but the God of Electrical Code would strike me down if I did it that way.

Comment

Re: is that a kubota tractor in the first pic?

Originally posted by wlbrown
                      SIR,
                      is that an orange bucket in the background,
                      on a kubota tractor, in the first pic?
                      i have a L3000DT w/FEL.
                      comments please.
                      wlbrown
                      Sharp eye there Mr. Brown.
                      Yep, thats a Kubota M4900 w/ Kubota front loader. The 4900 is approx. 50 HP. Not a fancy tractor, not many bells and whistles but it does what I want it to do. It has the quick disconnect bucket option that hopefully will lead to a few more welding projects, like pallet forks and maybe a work platform. Also have this hairbrained scheme in mind for a F/L mounted traversing chainsaw that I can using for limbing my pecan trees.

Comment

My factory cart with the pan I installed on it to hold my cables. I also made the bottle holder for it as the factory cart didn't have any means of placing a bottle on it. The original bottle holder was one that attached to the back of the welder and was for a much smaller bottle.

Comment

Re: I thought it would be handy...

Originally posted by BeRotten
                          This is my handy-dandy Handler 175. I mounted it on an old roll around tool box which I mounted on the frame I built. The idea was to help me stay organized...it kinda worked.
                          **** good idea rotten, I like it.
                          ROCK

Comment

Re: Re: I thought it would be handy...

Originally posted by R. Nelson
                            **** good idea rotten, I like it.

Thank you sir...
                            I wish I could actually claim the idea, but I can't.

My idea or not it is handy though, I don't have to make so many trips back and forth for 1 little forgotten tool...let's me be even lazier.

Comment

Working...
                            X