Test session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test session

Ok, so FINALLY I am able to show some of what I have been working on over the last year or so.

A friend ask me to help him build a rock crawling Toyota 4Runner. As I also have on of these I took on the task so when it came time to do mine I would have a better idea what I wanted and maybe a different way of going about it ( making A LOT of the parts that were bought for his )

Base vehicle, '85 Toyota 4Runner, 150k decent shape, first round was complete motor rebuild, this occured Summer of 2001.

Second round, 2" body lift, 2" engine and transmission lift, relocate fuel tank 3" higher in the frame, relocate frame cross member to accomidate trans lift.

Third round, suspension rebuild, this is the fun part.
    regear both axles ( 4.10 stock to 5.29:1)install locking differentials F/R

stack transfer cases providing an over all crawl ratio around 107:1
    relocate ALL rear spring perch's forward and rearward to accomidate longer springs. relocate front spring hangers to add 2" lift at frame
    convert push pull drag link steering to crossover
    style.
    install taller shock towers to accomidate longer shocks ( 16" travel, 32" full extension )

Finally got it to where it is safely drivable, trailered it to TELLICO ORV park in western NC over the weekend.

Drove it over several trails and even TRIED to break it.

It did AWESOME !!! A few issues with rear shock mounts ( poor design ) but all in all it performed very well.
    My wife was not happy with this, because now I get to build MY truck !!!!

am trying to send a few pix in here as well

On a side note, If Morpheus is who we think he is, he is responsible for some of the ideas and inspiration.

THANKS JACK !!

Kevin M
    Last edited by Blkvoodoo; 11-04-2002, 09:25 PM.

bottom side

Comment

front shot

Comment

side shot

Comment

playing

Comment

ready for the 8 hour ride home MAN is it a LONG TRIP !!!

Comment

Re: Test session

Originally posted by Blkvoodoo
              On a side note, If Morpheus is who we think he is, he is responsible for some of the ideas and inspiration.

THANKS JACK !!
              Nice work guys !

glad to know i can inspire others I've never met to spend $$$'s and countless hours of time from hundreds of miles away

- jack

Comment

Lookin good! It sure does feel good gettin to wheel for the first time again eh!

I am DYIN to get ol Pigturd out! This one I have never driven, so it will be quite an experience. I am just about to start on my leaf mounts, so I would be interested in some closeups of yours. I am taking as may ideas as I can get right now..

Not too shabby flex either!

Chris

Comment

here's a link to some buildup pics of my rig pigturd

http://www.megaone.com/morpheus/project/

- jack

Comment

Shackles

Looking at the picture of the bottom side, it looks like the shackle is going to hit the body mount. You might want to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus
                      here's a link to some buildup pics of my rig pigturd

http://www.megaone.com/morpheus/project/

- jack
                      Thanks jack! Lotsa good shots in there for me...

Nice fab work!

Chris

Comment

Is actually a " designed in feature " to let us know on future thrash sessions where and what too cut Nice catch

There are other " features " that need addressing before that so by the time we get there, it may have already been "self-modified "

Thanks Frank

Comment

Working...
                        X