all terrain engine hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all terrain engine hoist

I store my engine hoist in an out building and since it's little steel wheels don't roll in grass or dirt, I have to use a trailer to transport it to the shop and back with each use. I decided I needed an all terrain shop hoist..

With some 'on sale' Harbor frieght 10" casters and a little 2" sq tube here's what I came up with... maybe some others have the same problem...

john

The next post will show the wheel detail
    My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Very good solution to a common problem, I like it! Don't be suprised if Harbor Frieght or Norhtern starts offering a kit similar to yours.
    work safe, always wear your safety glasses.

Edward Heimbach

Comment

Re: all terrain engine hoist

Originally posted by jniolon
      I store my engine hoist in an out building and since it's little steel wheels don't roll in grass or dirt, I have to use a trailer to transport it to the shop and back with each use. I decided I needed an all terrain shop hoist..

With some 'on sale' Harbor frieght 10" casters and a little 2" sq tube here's what I came up with... maybe some others have the same problem...

john

The next post will show the wheel detail
      That was an excellent idea, KUDOS to you
      ROCK

Comment

John, great idea. I did something similar on the cone feeder/spreader that I use to spread granular fertilizer. It makes it easier to hook up to the 3-point on the tractor, and I can move it around when it isn't on the tractor. It uses HF pneumatic casters as well. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. As Ed said...one of these guys will soon offer a kit after they see yours.

By the way...how well do your HF tires hold air? I have had to slime all of mine to keep them from going flat.

Comment

Thats an awesome idea! You get a cookie for sure with that one!

My driveway is unpaved about 20' after the garage, so I know EXACTLY what your goin thru! I was just thinking of something like that the other night, while trying to drag the pos thru the gravel.

Way to go!

Chris

Comment

hf tires

so far ( one week) the tires are holding up fine... I've got air in both buildings so if they do go down I can get them back up with minimal trouble...

might slime them just to make sure though... HF sells it pretty cheap... guess they might know something about their tires

later

john
            My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Comment

Working...
            X