Possible Welding Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Welding Project

May have to weld up a tripod to take care of these guys. Have several bucks but they don't like their picture taken. Taken off my back porch.

Re: Possible Welding Project

Originally posted by TheOldOne
    May have to weld up a tripod to take care of these guys. Have several bucks but they don't like their picture taken. Taken off my back porch.
    Were you thinking of making a tripod for your camera, or for a gun to shoot the bucks with? After all, it does make a diff for the design.
    Thanks
    Gary Wolboldt

Comment

I visit a Italian Resturant often for lunch, its right across the street from Fort Detrick. There lives on the base a small herd of deer eating and resting less than 20 feet from a high traffic road.

Its a relaxing sight to see during lunch.
      It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

OLD ONE...........THEIR EATING ACORNS OR YUR GRASS. COULD BE TIME TO IRRIDICATE THOSE PESKY VARMETS........HOW MANY ARE YOU ALLOWED WHERE YOUR AT...................ROCK

Comment

Oh oh! Now you've gone and done it, OO. I guess the next Miller trade show will be in New York about the time the season opens......By the way, Rock, my new Syncrowave 180 came in today. I ordered it yesterday and it was here today! I have it in the house on the kitchen counter so I can admire it for a while.....I don't think the Missus shares my enthusiasm, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobart Expert Rock
            OLD ONE...........THEIR EATING ACORNS OR YUR GRASS. COULD BE TIME TO IRRIDICATE THOSE PESKY VARMETS........HOW MANY ARE YOU ALLOWED WHERE YOUR AT...................ROCK
            Rock; can have three a year. "long gun or pistol" two with "bow" and two with "black powder" or seven all together.
            Seems guns and hunting are not all that popular anymore so we are being over-run with deer. We like to watch them but we also like to eat them.
            Last edited by TheOldOne; 10-31-2002, 05:07 AM.

Comment

OLD ONE............YES THEY ARE GOOD EATING AREN'T THEY.......

Comment

I never had a BamBi Burger, I'm a city kid.
                It's not an optical illusion...it just looks like one

Comment

AL T............. HANG AROUND WE WILL CONVERT YOU YET.......
                  MOWJUNK............. HEY CONGRATULATIONS.............. YOU SHOULD HAVE HOURS OF FUN AHEAD OF YOU..... ARE YOU STARTING ON ALUMINUM (TIG) FIRST, MILD STEEL (TIG), OR STAINLESS (TIG)....... MAYBE AFTER A COUPLE OF WEEKS ON THE KITCHEN TABLE YOU WILL BE SLEEPING IN THE WORK SHOP WITH IT AND A NEW COT........... COULD BE YOU MIGHT WANT TO MOVE IT SAY IN A WEEK AFTER ADMIREING IT............ THEN PUT THAT GIRL TO WORK AND RECOUPE SOME OF YOUR MONEY................ YOU GUYS HAVE SOME FUN NOW.............ROCK
                  [email protected]

Comment

Mowjunk...let us know how this welds for you. Especially interested in the hot start and the meters....You must have strong kitchen counters....the new 180SD weighs in at 238 pounds! Did you get it from Cyberweld? How about a photo...no decent ones on the Miller site. The new 180 manual is on-line, but the detail spec sheet still shows the old model.

Deer season gets under way in about 2 weeks (rifle, shotgun, handgun) here in Michigan...can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Mowjunk
                      Oh oh! Now you've gone and done it, OO. I guess the next Miller trade show will be in New York about the time the season opens......By the way, Rock, my new Syncrowave 180 came in today. I ordered it yesterday and it was here today! I have it in the house on the kitchen counter so I can admire it for a while.....I don't think the Missus shares my enthusiasm, though.

Show her how to cook with it! She'll love it!

Comment

Rocky D, I came home from work tonite and she had the ground clamp on one side of a hot dog and the tungsten in the other end and she was reaching for the power button! Stopped her just in time. She was saying something about pure tungsten, but I didn't wait around to find out what it was. I put the 180 in the shop......

Ok, since there are a number of people interested in the Syncrowave 180, here's a rundown on my adventure.

On Tuesday morning I called Cyberweld to order it. Bob checked to see if they were shipping the new model from Miller and found out that they were. He explained the shipping procedure for the machine and the other accessories I ordered. He promised to email me with the shipping numbers and any other pertinent info.

I got an email Tuesday afternoon, thanking me for the order, but no numbers yet.

On Wednesday, the freight company called me to see if I would be home because they were going to deliver it Wednesday afternoon. I was very pleasantly surprised. I was able to go by and pick it up.

When I got home, Bob from Cyberweld had emailed the tracking number but I already had the machine. It was fast! It was shipped from Dallas and they had 19 of them there. Now they have 18....

Bob also gave me the numbers for the other stuff I ordered that was coming from Miller in WI. UPS will deliver that tomorrow.

I have to say that I was very pleased with Cyberweld and Miller and Fedex Freight.

I know that this was boring but I am really excited about it. I will try to take a few pictures tonight and get them on here.

There was a Tig calculator and Miller's GTAW book in the package. Also a Diamond Back Torch catalog. I thought this was a nice touch on Miller's part.

I also ordered the Student Kit from Miller. In it they have just about every book Miller has and a set of the three calculators and some other stuff for only $20. I had bought the GMAW book and there's one included in the kit! So now I have two of those and two GTAW books.

Going take some pictures.......

Comment

This is a test of posting pictures

Comment

Ok I guess it works....another one

Comment

Another from the front

Comment

Working...
                              X