No announcement yet.

Champion 16 Running Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A better pic of the plugged holes on the control panel.

I don't see a PC board Rock. It all looks hard wired to me. I can post the serial number if it will help. It is a late production model though since the new 10000 was out when I bought it. I chose the Champ 16 because it also has AC, the 10000 was DC only.

Comment

foot control wiring question ???

Rock,

I don't want to sound like I know anything about nuthin... but your comment about not having 6 conductor # 12 wire...available.

They do make cable in a 6 conductor configuration... we use it all the time here for control wiring and pendant controls on cranes and such... any industrial operation should have this... and I'd imagine you could buy it by the foot at suppliers...

now granted it's heavier than 12/3 romex but for the convenience of having the full blown foot control, I'll bet some wouldn't mind the inconvenience. I could probably get some makers and part numbers if anyone is interested ??

just a thought and a suggestion and if everyone already knows this I'm sorry for assuming...

john

I've never completely understoon anything !!
      My "project truck" has turned into 'garage art' !!!

Comment

HI JOHN.............HEY MAN CHIME IN ANYTIME YOU WANT.........THE 6 CONDUCTOR I WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS FOR THE FOOT PEDAL. 2 WIRES ARE FOR CONTACTOR CLOSURE USUALLY A&B........THEN THE 3 WIRE'S TO THE POT FOR CURRENT CONTROL D, E, &F AND THE 6TH WIRE I WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS FOR GROUND G......... SOMETIMES I MIGHT NOT MAKE MYSELF CLEAR............ ONLY ONE CHAMPION 16 HAD THE CAPABILITY FOR THIS SET UP AND IT WAS THE PC BOARD DESIGNED ONE...........THAT WAS THE LAST ONE HOBARTS PRODUCED DOWN THE LINE...........NO PROBLEM ON THE COMMENT AT ALL............HEY EVERYONCE IN AWHILE THEY CATCH ME IN A MISTAKE........................ IT IS HUMAN TO ERROR...........................................TH ANKS...............ROCK

Comment

HI WILL............THIS IS THE INFORMATION ON THE CHAMPION 16. PLEASE NOTE........FOR THE PC BOARD DESIGNED ONE ONLY. THAT WOULD BE THE LAST ONE GOING DOWN THE LINE....... PART NUMBERS AND DESCRIPTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS.........
          8RT764A...........REMOTE ON/OFF
          492330-005......REMOTE PENDANT
          494808.............KIT FOR REMOTE PENDANT
          200460-001......FOOT CONTROL
          494808.............KIT FOR FOOT CONTROL

PLEASE NOT THE 494808 IS REQUIRED FOR THE REMOTE CLIP ON STYLE TIG TORCH CONTROL AND FOR THE FOOT CONTROL ALSO. YOU DO NOT NEED 2 KITS ONLY ONE FOR EITHER THE PENDANT OR THE FOOT CONTROL.......... DID YOU THINK I FORGOT..... ENJOY THE SEARCH........................ROCK
          [email protected]

Comment

Rock, I figured you would come through! Could you tell from my pics if this is a PC board machine? I don't see a PC board, but all I did was take the lid off. I'm sure it is late production, because the 10000 was out when I bought it. Can these parts be ordered through my dealer? I am still torn between doing this or getting the new 180SD and running it off the Champ when I need to be outside the shop. Maybe I need to get prices on these parts so I can see what the cost difference is.

I looked into a wirefeeder for the Champ after I got it, but by the time I got the adapter and feeder, it was more cost effective to get the HH175. So that is what I did. It runs fine off the Champ 16. I can post the Champ serial number if you need it. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

HI WILL..............WHAT I LISTED IS FOR THE PC BOARD DESIGNED ONE ONLY. IT HADD A POT IN IN 5K 2WATTT........YOUR HAS A RHEOSTATE IN IT THE PARTS LISTED WON'T WORK......... YOU HAVE THE NEXT TO LAST UNIT GOING DOWN THE LINE...... SO YOU NEED THE TOGGLE SWITCH AND CABLE.............ROCK

Comment

Working...
              X