Planter Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planter Box

A friend asked if I could make a planter box that matched his existing railing to replace his old one. I told him I would do it if he bought the materials. Most of the stuff I tinker with doesn't require any real measuring or precision as it is more artsy. I was excited to do this one and I think it turned out ok. I'll post up some more pics once it is mounted. Hopefully this weekend.

mnt

a couple welds

here are a couple close ups of welds. Finally I am getting almost happy with them

This one I stopped on the corner
    Last edited by mnt; 02-04-2009, 11:06 PM.
    mnt

Comment

Materials

I guess it would help if I said what it was made out of. 1 inch square tube 1/8 wall or .120 wall I suppose. the smaller is 1/2 square bar. Overall dimensions are 8'2" long by 10" square. I am happy with the way everything turned out square.
      mnt

Comment

Is that your helper holding your hat?

Looking good! What color will the final paintjob be?

Comment

black

Finally color will be a gloss black. The railing that it matches is black. I should have him paint the railing to match. The planter box will like nice and shiny and new, the handrail that is there is a bit faded.

I have been working on the "helper" for awhile. I only work on it when I figure out exactly what I want to do, then it is a lot of try this and try that to get the look I want. The head is adentist light that I rescued from the trash, chest is a couple of dead floor jacks taken apart. The arms are connecting rods out of a big old air compressor motor that had been run with no oil. Blew one connecting rod to pieces and took a big chunk out of one of the pistons.
          mnt

Comment

Working...
          X