Vintage CR250 Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage CR250 Honda

I built some new lower mounts for a guy this morning for his Vintage CR250 Honda ...The stock mounts had been damaged so I started from scratch and this is what I ended up with....

Some people require more attention than others.....Like a LOST DOG and strangers holding out biscuits....

Dynasty 350
    Hobart Beta Mig 200
    Twenty seven Hammers
    Three Crow Bars
    One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Beautiful job! The customer should be one happy camper!
    "Good Enough Never Is"

Comment

I hope so it's the ex world champion Brad Lackey....

Some people require more attention than others.....Like a LOST DOG and strangers holding out biscuits....

Dynasty 350
      Hobart Beta Mig 200
      Twenty seven Hammers
      Three Crow Bars
      One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

Bad Brad!

Good memories of him winning the world 500MX title on about the fourth or fifth attempt. I still have a "How to ride MX" book by Brad - bet that's a rare classic!
        HH210
        2 Smith Airline outfits, 2 Harris 50s,2 W200s ,J27, Meco Midget and Dillon
        Thermal Arc 185

Comment

Well since you know Pro MX .....This bike is being built for 1979 world champion Grahm Noice from England. Who will be coming to the US for Brads race that he puts on at Sand Hill Ranch in Brentwood CA in late March It should be a fun weekend...I see your in the Bay area like me...You should plan on coming to the race and meet Brad and me of course...I'll post up a date
          Last edited by B_C; 01-03-2009, 02:09 PM.

Dynasty 350
          Hobart Beta Mig 200
          Twenty seven Hammers
          Three Crow Bars
          One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

Brad Lackey

Honda Elsie!

I thought Brad was a Team Green Man!

Mounts look awesome.

Be Cool,

John

Comment

He was twice for the factory(Kawasaki) ...Honda(Factory) and then the Factory Suzuki when he clinched the tidal in 1982....

Dynasty 350
              Hobart Beta Mig 200
              Twenty seven Hammers
              Three Crow Bars
              One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

Originally posted by B_C View Post
                Well since you know Pro MX .....This bike is being built for 1979 world champion Grahm Noice from England. Who will be coming to the US for Brads race that he puts on at Sand Hill Ranch in Brentwood CA in late March It should be a fun weekend...I see your in the Bay area like me...You should plan on coming to the race and meet Brad and me of course...I'll post up a date
                Ha, ha! I used to ride the "Hangover marathon" at Sandhill every Jan 1st.
                Good times!

I could dig out the book and get Brad to autograph it!

I remember Graham Noyce also......
                HH210
                Thermal Arc 185

Comment

Originally posted by B_C View Post
                  He was twice for the factory(Kawasaki) ...Honda(Factory) and then the Factory Suzuki when he clinched the tidal in 1982....
                  I remember Brad couldn't get a ride the year after he won the title.

After that time U.S motocross became dominant, and the World titles stopped meaning so much.
                  HH210
                  Thermal Arc 185

Comment

In my opinion Bob Hannah was the best motocross racer ever, period.

Comment

B_C man, really nice welds in the pix.

What is the process that you used ?

I'd like to try it.

dt
                      "We gotta employ a higher symmetry electrodynamics." T.E. Beardon

Comment

i think i would have put a little bigger motor mount so i could put a neopren bushing! those were some screaming little 2cycl. engines and vibrate to. lol
                        lincoln pt225
                        hack saw & a hammer
                        oh & a shovel

Comment

Bigger than they are now would create clearance problems between the mount and primary cover...
                          Good idea though...

Dynasty 350
                          Hobart Beta Mig 200
                          Twenty seven Hammers
                          Three Crow Bars
                          One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Brianstick View Post
                            In my opinion Bob Hannah was the best motocross racer ever, period.

In the US anyway......He didn't want to go to Europe...Said he didn't like the living conditions or the food.......Maybe the competition.....LOL

Dynasty 350
                            Hobart Beta Mig 200
                            Twenty seven Hammers
                            Three Crow Bars
                            One English Springer Dog

A Big Rock

Comment

A few years ago I also worked on a vintage CR, but it was a '82 CR480, very fast motorcycle. The dogs on 2nd gear were rounded over and honda doesn't make that gear anymore. I recut the 3 dogs using a surface grinder and a dividing head. That's what happens when you shift with no clutch. By the way BC, I think your welds look great, nice work!
                              Last edited by Brianstick; 01-07-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X